Is EPO O.K.???

dkota_rt

Jul 9, 2004
The last couple years I have been experimenting with EPO in training and racing. I am a top MTB Expert and Road Cat 2 racer. I am ready for Cat 1 and MTB pro. My question is....Are there any long term effects for taking EPO? I have not experienced any drawbacks since being on this stuff and I am making huge gains in my performance. I have never been tested either. What's the probability that I wil get tested in the Cat 1 /MTB pro ranks? I have heard from other pro's that there is virtually no chance of getting caught if you do it smartly. So far I think I am using it wisely. Anyone have personbal negative experiences with EPO? Thanks

dkota_rt said:
The last couple years I have been experimenting with EPO in training and racing. I am a top MTB Expert and Road Cat 2 racer. I am ready for Cat 1 and MTB pro. My question is....Are there any long term effects for taking EPO? I have not experienced any drawbacks since being on this stuff and I am making huge gains in my performance. I have never been tested either. What's the probability that I wil get tested in the Cat 1 /MTB pro ranks? I have heard from other pro's that there is virtually no chance of getting caught if you do it smartly. So far I think I am using it wisely. Anyone have personbal negative experiences with EPO? Thanks

Hello e-mail me I have info for you.

dkota_rt said:

EPO is supposed to be used for patients with renal failure or cancer - there is not going to be any solid long term data on use by athletes. I believe there have been some studies published on its potential risk in legitamately ill patients, which were done so that physicians can better assess the risks vs benefits. You might want to look these up, since there are side effects and risks to almost all drug therapies.

dkota_rt said:

You will probably suffer heart failure and die. No other known side effects.

There is other stuff that's safer - but you risk getting tested for it too.

Tim

From your question, it's clear that you don't care about the moral/ethical issues of using a banned substance (ie. cheating), especially in amateur sports, so I'll leave that aspect out of my response. Epo is absolutely dangerous. When I look at a list of side effects in a drug reference written for physicians, they include elevated blood pressure, headache, joint aches, diarrhea, fevers, swelling, fatigue, dizziness, numbness, (and now the scary ones) congestive heart failure, blood clots (search "pulmonary embolism" on google) heart attack, stroke and seizures. I don't think the studies on long term safety have been done in healthy people, but your kidneys secrete their own epo, and if you supplement, they will reduce their output, potentially causing atrophe and permanent failure (kind of like steroid users who develop testicular atrophy and sterility - I've seen this more than once in my practice.) In my mind, the scariest risk is not the sudden death that we see too often among the ranks of pro cyclists, but the potential of a stroke/heart attack that doesn't kill me, but leaves me a permanent cripple, alive to think about the mistake for the next 60 years.

dkota_rt said:
yep, go for it.
inject it for breakfast, inject it for morning tea, inject it for lunch and also for dinner. And dont forget to get some little pills for the race aswell, you dont want to suffer in the race. Dont worry about all these "scare" tactics about dying and stuff, its all rubbish. I mean, those guys whose deaths were blamed on EPO. What a load!. Obviously it was because of the seafood they ate or something else.
You know yourself that the most important thing in the world is winning a bike race. So you should do whatever you have to do to win it. Why else would you ride for hours everyday?, for fun?, for the challenge?, yeah right....
Remember, your different from those herion addicts and speed addicts. You are injecting but its helping you be better right????

go for it ********.

dkota_rt said:

The effects will probably be in the long term. When you get in your 40's and 50's make sure and tell your doctor that you used EPO when you were young and maybe he could write a paper about you.
I know it can cause aplastic anemia in long time users. It screws up your bodies system for producing it's own EPO so that when you stop your body doesn't produce enough of its own EPO.
I know when you are young you think you are indestructible so you will probably disregard anything that is said.

hey if have to dope to race in the cat 2's you might as well stop riding, cause there isnt much of a future for you in racing.

spacefuzz said:
hey if have to dope to race in the cat 2's you might as well stop riding, cause there isnt much of a future for you in racing.
Maybe you should take the money you were going to use for EPO and get some counseling. Something is out of balance if you want to risk your health just to do well in a cat 2 race.

is this a f*cking joke.

I can't believe you would actually post anything like that. Isn't the idea of sport to compete against others and try to get the best out of yourself. I don't think that includes getting an unfair advantage through illegal drugs.

If you are serious and actually use these drugs then i'm sorry to say it but you are a disgrace and i hope seriously that you think again about what you are doing, if not you should not be riding bikes.

Seriously you got problems buddy :mad:

Rollo

Might be trolling, in which case he got what he wanted. Just take a look at his other posts.

Yeah Ive used it my wifes a Pharmsist and I took her advice in doding it. Dont Dont ever ever self medicate you will kill yourself is that clear. Always find a corupt physisin like my wife no she wont helo you to assit you in what you are doing.

Dont even feel guilt a
EPO is ancient my mate is in Eurpoe at the momenet and fuick the stuff avaliabel main what feast . IN belgium you cna by it over the counter.

Yeah Ive used it my wifes a Pharmsist and I took her advice in doding it. Dont Dont ever ever self medicate you will kill yourself is that clear. Always find a corupt physisin like my wife no she wont helo you to assit you in what you are doing.

Dont even feel guilt a
EPO is ancient my mate is in Eurpoe at the momenet and **** the stuff avaliabel main what feast . IN belgium you cna by it over the counter.

EPO is ancient my mate is in Eurpoe at the momenet and **** the stuff avaliabel main what feast . IN belgium you cna by it over the counter.

BUT you have to ask yourself this the moral delima.. THe depresison o fgetting caught or cheating well its dark mate dark ****

rtol299,

Loss of command over the written word is obviously one of the side effects of using EPO. Maybe the UCI could save a lot of money by scrapping expensive medical tests and introducing literacy exams.

After my dog died (cancer) I took a couple doses of his EPO and noticed my bicycle commute time dropped from 13.5 minutes (average) to under 11 minutes (one time personal best). Wow - how can you not want to achieve results like THAT? I also noticed my testicles are slightly bruised but that could be unrelated ;)

I did a standard dose/kg of body weight to figure out the proper amount to take- 3 vials it turned out... wish I had more.

For a Forum Like this I do not bother to spell check my work But I actually have a Double degree Bcom/BA and I am doing my MBA at the moment anyway mate its not one of the side effects. If you use properly you will win just get the balls to take it you no you want to . ]

Mate, i think you dived into the shallow end of the gene pool and are sinking fast......:mad: