Is Erik over the hill?

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
I see McEwen has just taken over the green jersey.....also noticed that McEwen has been consistently outpacing Zabel in the gallop...

Could it be that my top draw hero is getting old and the snap fading?

My only hope is that Zabel makes it over the mountains in better shape than McEwen so he can do to McEwen what he did to O'Grady last year.

Apologies to the Aussies on the board but I'm tired of you guys walloping us at cricket and rugby and THEN having the audacity to wallop my hero too!!!! ;)

My only hope is that Zabel makes it over the mountains in better shape than McEwen so he can do to McEwen what he did to O'Grady last year.

This wont happen.....cause Robbie can climb pretty well for a sprinter, he has a pretty small build.

Zabel beating O'Grady last year wasnt really a suprise, O'Grady isnt a pure sprinter like Zabel are McEwen are. Stu doesnt have the speed to match zabel this year....yet robbie is giving him a kicking ;D Stu got alot of his point while he was in breaks or IM sprints during the stage which zabel wasnt really contesting last year.

Its time for Zabel to let someone else have some green glory 8)

Team tactics will decide the MT this year, imo. Whether Robbie Mc will survive the Cols in good enough form to keep up his speed in the final week, we will have to wait and see. Same goes for Eric.

McEwen seemed to be in alot of trouble going up the first major climb, the Col d'Aubisque. He was almost 10 minutes behind the pack when they went over the summit. :eek: Let's hope they pull it back.

Nah, just want it to be a good fight. I want a fight like last year, between Zabel and Stu. Down to the wire! ;)

Nah, just want it to be a good fight. I want a fight like last year, between Zabel and Stu. Down to the wire! ;)

I'm sure it will be ;D