Is Evans the Aussie Hincapie?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Evans is negotiating to stay at Silence Lotto for another two seasons. Can't he find a team that will support his TdF objectives?

Bro Deal said:
Evans is negotiating to stay at Silence Lotto for another two seasons. Can't he find a team that will support his TdF objectives?
He doesn't want to have too much support though. He might be expected to attack then...:rolleyes:

Crankyfeet said:
He doesn't want to have too much support though. He might be expected to attack then...:rolleyes:
He can use the Armstrong approach: Follow his teammates until the last few klicks.

Bro Deal said:
He can use the Armstrong approach: Follow his teammates until the last few klicks.
Evans did not bring it last year. Great season, but did not deserve to win. He had to get some better dope if he wanted to win.

thunder said:
Evans did not bring it last year. Great season, but did not deserve to win. He had to get some better dope if he wanted to win.
Funny story, and absolutely true: I found this forum last summer by typing "Cadel Evans is a wheel sucking *****" into Google. Since then my opinion of him has warmed a little. I do think he sits on wheels too much. I also think that while he probably used some "supplements," he is one of the cleaner riders. Wish Slipstream could have landed/afforded his services.

Edit: I think the cycling results were based on "Cadel Evans Wheel Sucking." The last word turned up a completely different set of results.

thoughtforfood said:
Funny story, and absolutely true: I found this forum last summer by typing "Cadel Evans is a wheel sucking *****" into Google. Since then my opinion of him has warmed a little. I do think he sits on wheels too much. I also think that while he probably used some "supplements," he is one of the cleaner riders. Wish Slipstream could have landed/afforded his services.

Edit: I think the cycling results were based on "Cadel Evans Wheel Sucking." The last word turned up a completely different set of results.
be good to see the difference in his ride. I dont think he would slow down much. Moncoutie came 13th in 2001 or 2002.

That had Beloki, IGG, Botero, Oscar Sevilla, Vino, Ullrich, Hamilton, Armstrong, Basso, Heras.

Lots of riders who conceivably would have finished above Evans this year. So, it can be done. A top flight Moncoutie when he still rode at the front of the peloton, would have gone deep into the top 10, perhaps top 5. So, you can do it clean now, get into the top ten. Only cos a heap of dopers have been creamed off.

thoughtforfood said:
Funny story, and absolutely true: I found this forum last summer by typing "Cadel Evans is a wheel sucking *****" into Google.
That's a frickin' coincidence.. I just put in "sucking *****" and got this site...:p

Crankyfeet said:
That's a frickin' coincidence.. I just put in "sucking *****" and got this site...:p
I just did that, but this site didn't come up???

All I got were some....****, that is the front office calling me in for a meeting....I wonder what they want?

thunder said:
be good to see the difference in his ride. I dont think he would slow down much. Moncoutie came 13th in 2001 or 2002.

That had Beloki, IGG, Botero, Oscar Sevilla, Vino, Ullrich, Hamilton, Armstrong, Basso, Heras.

Lots of riders who conceivably would have finished above Evans this year. So, it can be done. A top flight Moncoutie when he still rode at the front of the peloton, would have gone deep into the top 10, perhaps top 5. So, you can do it clean now, get into the top ten. Only cos a heap of dopers have been creamed off.
How is it that we can definitively know that someone is not doping or has not doped? I have found life to be full of hypocrites who parade as one thing (evangelist preacher) while doing another (poo jabbing a male prostitute).

thoughtforfood said:
I just did that, but this site didn't come up???

All I got were some....****, that is the front office calling me in for a meeting....I wonder what they want?
No... that was when I joined and musette and saluki were on here. It doesn't work now.

Crankyfeet said:
How is it that we can definitively know that someone is not doping or has not doped? I have found life to be full of hypocrites who parade as one thing (evangelist preacher) while doing another (poo jabbing a male prostitute).
because everyone on Cofidis said "we all doped except Moncoutie, and the Estonian sprinter Janek Tombak"

So, they all admitted, threw everyone else in the ****, and said there were only 2 exceptions.

I think that is about as credible as you get. That is, not that credible, but in the context, either Moncoutie had photos of you and a 14 yo schoolgirl, or he was clean.

thoughtforfood said:
I wonder if saluki is hot?
Pod people don't do it for me. For her sake I hope she never gets offered a free personality test by Scientologists.

Bro Deal said:
Pod people don't do it for me. For her sake I hope she never gets offered a free personality test by Scientologists.
She is around in another forum (and still believes and posts the same c**p), although her abrasive style got toned down by the members there.

Bro Deal said:
I hope she never gets offered a free personality test by Scientologists.
Ok Cranky, THAT is ****ing hilarious!

Dark Lord, what is her handle over at DP?

I just read a long thread about Lance/Doping, and it is filled with people who know how their large intestine tastes. Bro did a good bit of refutation, but VaughnT is still on the detached moderator style of shutting down any suggestion that Lance doped. He is more full of **** than any of the full on apologists because at least they have the balls to stand up and be stupid. He hides behind their "forum rules" like a piece of melba toast with ******** spread on top.

thoughtforfood said:
Ok Cranky, THAT is ****ing hilarious!

Dark Lord, what is her handle over at DP?

I just read a long thread about Lance/Doping, and it is filled with people who know how their large intestine tastes. Bro did a good bit of refutation, but VaughnT is still on the detached moderator style of shutting down any suggestion that Lance doped. He is more full of **** than any of the full on apologists because at least they have the balls to stand up and be stupid. He hides behind their "forum rules" like a piece of melba toast with ******** spread on top.
Never been to DP; so don't know if Saluki is there. But she has the same handle in Bicycle Magazine forums (which is much less active that this forum btw).

thunder said:
I think he needs two testicles.

TheDarkLord said:
Never been to DP; so don't know if Saluki is there. But she has the same handle in Bicycle Magazine forums (which is much less active that this forum btw).
We need a thread to keep track of other forums. ;) Sort of a forum follies thread where we put classic posts from other sites.

Bro Deal said:
We need a thread to keep track of other forums. ;) Sort of a forum follies thread where we put classic posts from other sites.
Good idea Bro. Next time you get a good link to a thread or post from another forum... start up a "Follies from other Forums" thread or something. Lim will stick it eventually.

Bro Deal said:
Good idea! But coming back to Saluki, she hasn't said anything too interesting. After she left here, she was singing the same tune of "I don't care if they all dope" and defending Contadope, Levi, etc. at the other forum. And she was trashing Slipstream... I still check the other forum once in a while; so I can alert you guys if anything exciting happens.