Is Galdeano allowed to race in France?

Trg

Guest
He was banned from racing on French soil for 6 months (starting in April 2003 if I recall)because of
the salbutamol incident in the 2002 TdF. The Vuelta enters France. Can the French make trouble for
him? Did he have to get permission from the French to race there?

Of course they'd have to catch him first :)

---

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> He was banned from racing on French soil for 6 months (starting in April 2003 if I recall)because
> of the salbutamol incident in the 2002 TdF. The Vuelta enters France. Can the French make trouble
> for him? Did he have to get permission from the French to race there?

Phil said yesterday that the French had decided not to interfere with a race that was the production
of another country.
--
__o Keep on Ridin' `\ < (*)/(*)
* Al Williams [email protected] *

In article <[email protected]>, "trg" <[email protected]> wrote:

> He was banned from racing on French soil for 6 months (starting in April 2003 if I recall)because
> of the salbutamol incident in the 2002 TdF. The Vuelta enters France. Can the French make trouble
> for him? Did he have to get permission from the French to race there?
>
> Of course they'd have to catch him first :)

From Cyclingnews:

The CPLD ban pertains to events organised or authorised by the French cycling federation (FFC).

"The Vuelta does not fall into either category," FFC legal representative Christophe Lavergne told
l'Equipe. "For us these two riders have the right to race in France on Friday and Saturday."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/sep03/sep10news2

--
tanx, Howard

"Head of a cat, body of a monkey, Here comes a plague upon the land." The Billy Nayer Show

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> He was banned from racing on French soil for 6 months (starting in April 2003 if I recall)because
> of the salbutamol incident in the 2002 TdF. The Vuelta enters France. Can the French make trouble
> for him? Did he have to get permission from the French to race there?
>
> Of course they'd have to catch him first :)

He was permitted to race into France today after the powers that be decided that the race was
organized by a foreign nation.

-Sonarrat.

Thanks,

I remember seeing a race last year (I think it was in Belgium) a race where a rider had to stay keep
one side of the road during part of the race because the other side of the road was in another
region where he wasn't allowed. I don't remember who or what race it was.

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "trg" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > He was banned from racing on French soil for 6 months (starting in April 2003 if I
> > recall)because of the salbutamol incident in the 2002 TdF. The Vuelta enters France. Can the
> > French make trouble for him? Did he have
> > get permission from the French to race there?
> >
> > Of course they'd have to catch him first :)
>

> From Cyclingnews:
>
> The CPLD ban pertains to events organised or authorised by the French
cycling
> federation (FFC).
>
> "The Vuelta does not fall into either category," FFC legal representative Christophe Lavergne told
> l'Equipe. "For us these two riders have the right to race in France on Friday and Saturday."
>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/sep03/sep10news2
>
> --
> tanx, Howard
>
> "Head of a cat, body of a monkey, Here comes a plague upon the land." The Billy Nayer Show
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

---

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Thanks,
>
> I remember seeing a race last year (I think it was in Belgium) a race
where
> a rider had to stay keep one side of the road during part of the race because the other side of
> the road was in another region where he wasn't allowed. I don't remember who or what race it was.

It was VDB in TRW.

Jeff

That's right, he could ride in Wallonie but not Flandres. I think they even changed the course for
him so that it wouldn't enter Flandres, but just skirt it.

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...

> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Thanks,
> >
> > I remember seeing a race last year (I think it was in Belgium) a race
> where
> > a rider had to stay keep one side of the road during part of the race because the other side
> > of the road was in another region where he wasn't allowed. I don't remember who or what race
> > it was.
> >
> It was VDB in TRW.
>
> Jeff

---

trg wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I remember seeing a race last year (I think it was in Belgium) a race where a rider had to stay
> keep one side of the road during part of the race because the other side of the road was in
> another region where he wasn't allowed. I don't remember who or what race it was.

That must have been a bugger if there was a crosswind on the "wrong" side...