Is George Bush A Figure Of Fun?

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Here is the thread to produce evidence to the effect that when millions of Americans re-elected George Bush Junior, they certainly got their money's worth. Here is a selection of Bush quotations that suggest the current captain may not be 100 per cent equipped to steer the ship:

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a — a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." —George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"The suicide bombings have increased. There's too many of them." —George W. Bush, Albuquerque, N.M., Aug. 15, 2001

"I think the American people — I hope the American — I don't think, let me — I hope the American people trust me." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

"Do you have blacks, too?" —George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Nov. 8, 2001, as reported in an April 28, 2002, Estado Sao Pauloan column by Fernando Pedreira, a close friend of President Cardoso

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will." —George W. Bush, speaking about Saddam Hussein, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 5, 2002

"I'm thrilled to be here in the bread basket of America because it gives me a chance to remind our fellow citizens that we have an advantage here in America — we can feed ourselves." —George W. Bush, Stockton, Calif., Aug. 23, 2002

"After all, a week ago, there were — Yasser Arafat was boarded up in his building in Ramallah, a building full of, evidently, German peace protestors and all kinds of people. They're now out. He's now free to show leadership, to lead the world." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2002

"There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again." —George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur." —George W. Bush, discussing the decline of the French economy with British Prime Minister Tony Blair

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"They didn't think we were a nation that could conceivably sacrifice for something greater than our self; that we were soft, that we were so self-absorbed and so materialistic that we wouldn't defend anything we believed in. My, were they wrong. They just were reading the wrong magazine or watching the wrong Springer show." —George W. Bush. Washington, D.C., March 12, 2002

"Not over my dead body will they raise your taxes." —George W. Bush, Ontario, California, Jan. 5, 2002

"I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging." —George W. Bush, at the dedication of his portrait, Austin, Texas, Jan. 4, 2002

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Sept. 19, 2001

"Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees." —George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001
:D

Carrera said:
Here is the thread to produce evidence to the effect that when millions of Americans re-elected George Bush Junior, they certainly got their money's worth. Here is a selection of Bush quotations that suggest the current captain may not be 100 per cent equipped to steer the ship:

Hey Crapera, how about making sure your quotes are valid prior to posting...Even if one of these is fabricated it makes your post appear stupid, biased and fictitious....I'll give you an opportunity to retract now...Please don't tell me that you think all of these are true???

Absolutely, I got them from printed speeches and there are more to come. If they weren't valid my sources would already be in legal difficulties and I even heard Bush myself on TV where some of these are concerned.
More to come soon :)

zapper said:
Hey Crapera, how about making sure your quotes are valid prior to posting...Even if one of these is fabricated it makes your post appear stupid, biased and fictitious....I'll give you an opportunity to retract now...Please don't tell me that you think all of these are true???

Carrera said:
Absolutely, I got them from printed speeches and there are more to come. If they weren't valid my sources would already be in legal difficulties and I even heard Bush myself on TV where some of these are concerned.
More to come soon :)
Yes, stinking it up again...You are a liar...Now you using LIM's line...claiming validity just because there is no lawsuit....I'm giving you one last chance to improve your reputation here Craperjohn...

All I can do is forward my sources for these Bush quotations that I assure you I pick up from bona fide reporting.
The simple fact here is this is the reality. Bush really is reflected by what he says and his words speak for themselves.
Bill Clinton was articulate, educated and fairly charming with the women. Kerry was level headed and sensible. But Bush is hard to square off with an advanced, industrialised nation such as the U.S.
I'm sorry Zapper but I just don't know how he got into office and the idea of this thread is simply to take a look at what Bush has said and find the proof is in the proverbial pudding.

zapper said:
Yes, stinking it up again...You are a liar...Now you using LIM's line...claiming validity just because there is no lawsuit....I'm giving you one last chance to improve your reputation here Craperjohn...

"My answer is bring them on."—On Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

"[T]he best way to find these terrorists who hide in holes is to get people coming forth to describe the location of the hole, is to give clues and data." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 15, 2003"

"This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist dictatorship in Central America had collapsed." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 6, 2003

"America stands for liberty, for the pursuit of happiness, and for the unalienalienable right of life." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 3,

"Washington is a town where there's all kinds of allegations. You've heard much of the allegations. And if people have got solid information, please come forward with it. And that would be people inside the information who are the so-called anonymous sources, or people outside the information — outside the administration." —George W. Bush, Chicago, Sept. 30, 2003

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

"Now, there are some who would like to rewrite history—revisionist historians is what I like to call them." —George W. Bush, Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself." —George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

"I urge the leaders in Europe and around the world to take swift, decisive action against terror groups such as Hamas, to cut off their funding, and to support — cut funding and support, as the United States has done." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 25, 2003

zapper said:
Yes, stinking it up again...You are a liar...

How can we trust your word that he is a Liar, Flappy ? You have told so many lies that it's hard to believe anything that you post.

Carrera said:
"My answer is bring them on."—On Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

"[T]he best way to find these terrorists who hide in holes is to get people coming forth to describe the location of the hole, is to give clues and data." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 15, 2003"

"This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist dictatorship in Central America had collapsed." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 6, 2003

"America stands for liberty, for the pursuit of happiness, and for the unalienalienable right of life." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 3,

"Washington is a town where there's all kinds of allegations. You've heard much of the allegations. And if people have got solid information, please come forward with it. And that would be people inside the information who are the so-called anonymous sources, or people outside the information — outside the administration." —George W. Bush, Chicago, Sept. 30, 2003

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

"Now, there are some who would like to rewrite history—revisionist historians is what I like to call them." —George W. Bush, Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself." —George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

"I urge the leaders in Europe and around the world to take swift, decisive action against terror groups such as Hamas, to cut off their funding, and to support — cut funding and support, as the United States has done." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 25, 2003

You only had to look at the first presidential debate with John Kerry to realise that Bush can't think and speak english at the same time.

I believe Bush claims to speak Spanish.
(the two-way radio version of Spanish, perhaps ??????).

Thanks Darkboong.
Myself, you and Lim don't agree on every single point and issue over politics but we all agree in our opposition to Bush, his war on Iraq and the direction he has taken the U.S. since he was elected. I haven't added or taken anything away from these statements and I think Zapper is having a hard time believing it's really true.
And may I add I'm so glad Michael J has been found innocent. I never believed he could have hurt those kids and I'm glad the jury thought so too!

darkboong said:
How can we trust your word that he is a Liar, Flappy ? You have told so many lies that it's hard to believe anything that you post.

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000 :eek:

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." —George W. Bush, U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." —George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000 :p

"Actually, I — this may sound a little West Texas to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about — when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me." —George W. Bush, Hardball, MSNBC, May 31, 2000 :D

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2000 :confused:

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2000 :eek:

"They misunderestimated me." —George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000 :rolleyes:

"Bill wrote a book at Yale. I read one." —George W. Bush, on William F. Buckley, Al Smith Dinner, New York City, Oct. 19, 2000 :D

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." —George W. Bush, in response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000 :confused:

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —George W. Bush, Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 :p

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." —George W. Bush, Reuters, May 5, 2000 :cool:

"We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations, their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science of reading. In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal — federal cufflink." —George W. Bush, at Fritsche Middle School, Milwaukee, March 30, 2000 :confused:

the man is a baffoon and an imbiscile. anyone who finds him otherwise is more deluded than he is.

i do not know a single person outside of America that doenst despise him or takes him seriously.

he is undoubtedly a figure of fun across the known world, more so than enyone in living memory.

ladies and gentlemen, i give you the President of the United States of America.

Carrera said:
"They misunderestimated me." —George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000 :rolleyes:
...yeah it turns out he could stuff 6 pretzels in his mouth at one time...well done George.

nice one Carrera..

Carrera said:
"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Sept. 19, 2001
i remember that...they called it 'shock and awe' ...hold on, that palace was empty wasnt it?

i was awfully shocked when the pre-emptive strike on the palace in Baghdad yeilded no casualties....i thought maticulous planning and details intelligence was employed...

obviously not.

zapper said:
Please don't tell me that you think all of these are true???
i know what you mean Zapper...i myself had a hard time believing that someone like you pledge your allegiance to an ape like this...but its all true...one day you'll realise that.

Carrera said:

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a — a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." —George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"The suicide bombings have increased. There's too many of them." —George W. Bush, Albuquerque, N.M., Aug. 15, 2001

"I think the American people — I hope the American — I don't think, let me — I hope the American people trust me." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

"Do you have blacks, too?" —George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Nov. 8, 2001, as reported in an April 28, 2002, Estado Sao Pauloan column by Fernando Pedreira, a close friend of President Cardoso

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will." —George W. Bush, speaking about Saddam Hussein, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 5, 2002

"I'm thrilled to be here in the bread basket of America because it gives me a chance to remind our fellow citizens that we have an advantage here in America — we can feed ourselves." —George W. Bush, Stockton, Calif., Aug. 23, 2002

"After all, a week ago, there were — Yasser Arafat was boarded up in his building in Ramallah, a building full of, evidently, German peace protestors and all kinds of people. They're now out. He's now free to show leadership, to lead the world." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2002

"There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again." —George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur." —George W. Bush, discussing the decline of the French economy with British Prime Minister Tony Blair

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"They didn't think we were a nation that could conceivably sacrifice for something greater than our self; that we were soft, that we were so self-absorbed and so materialistic that we wouldn't defend anything we believed in. My, were they wrong. They just were reading the wrong magazine or watching the wrong Springer show." —George W. Bush. Washington, D.C., March 12, 2002

"Not over my dead body will they raise your taxes." —George W. Bush, Ontario, California, Jan. 5, 2002

"I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging." —George W. Bush, at the dedication of his portrait, Austin, Texas, Jan. 4, 2002

"Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees." —George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001
:D
Remember, Zapper said Bush is smarter than Kerry :rolleyes:

"We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make — it would hope — put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 14, 2005

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —George W. Bush, to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."—Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

This is fun :)

MountainPro said:
i know what you mean Zapper...i myself had a hard time believing that someone like you pledge your allegiance to an ape like this...but its all true...one day you'll realise that.
If there's any U.S.A left after Bush & his business associates (cronies/sycophants) are done trampling on our laws. He is clearly a puppet put to the forefront to distract from the pilfering, that is taking place, w/ his tacit approval; I might add. I only hope the country survives his christian corporation gov't :mad:

It's great fun. Here are some more statements:

"One of the most meaningful things that's happened to me since I've been the governor — the president — governor — president. Oops. Ex-governor."—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 9, 2004 :confused:

"As you know, we don't have relationships with Iran. I mean, that's — ever since the late '70s, we have no contacts with them, and we've totally sanctioned them. In other words, there's no sanctions — you can't — we're out of sanctions." —George W. Bush, Annandale, Va, Aug. 9, 2004 :confused:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 :eek:

"Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —George W. Bush, to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002 :confused:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 :)

"President Musharraf, he's still tight with us on the war against terror, and that's what I appreciate. He's a — he understands that we've got to keep Al Qaeda on the run, and that by keeping him on the run, it's more likely we will bring him to justice." —George W. Bush, Ruch, Ore., Aug. 22, 2002 :D

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." —George W. Bush, speaking at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002 :rolleyes:

"I firmly believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society." —George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002 ;)

davidmc said:
Remember, Zapper said Bush is smarter than Kerry :rolleyes:

"We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make — it would hope — put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 14, 2005

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —George W. Bush, to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."—Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

This is fun :)

"Bush is my shepherd, I shall be in want. He leadeth me beside the still factories, He maketh me to lie down on park benches, He restoreth my doubts about the Republican party, He guideth me onto the paths of unemployment for the party's sake. I do fear the evildoers, for thou talkst about them constantly. Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy deficit spending They do discomfort me. Thou anointeth me with never-ending debt, And my savings and assets shall soon be gone. Surely poverty and hard living shall follow me, And my jobless children shall dwell in my basement forever." :p

"You ****ing son of a *****. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this." -George W. Bush to writer and editor Al Hunt, 1988

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
[size=-1]—Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 [/size]