Is Glucolin equals to gel?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by novetan, Apr 14, 2014.

1. novetan

novetan New Member

I chanced upon this Glucolin (basically glucose) that yields 600 kcal for a std water bottle of 750ml. We can also double the powder dosage that even yield 1,200 kcal. This thing is unbelievably cheap, worked out to be 0.33 cts/100 kcal.

As compare to gel in general, it cost almost 10 times the price and per gel yield abt 100 kcal.

Hence for a double dosage of Glucolin mixed with water in a std. water bottle is equivalent to carry 12 gels. So abt $4 vs $36.

I’m not an expert in nutrition but basically what we need for a long ride is glucose to keep us going right? (let’s put food aside). I do realized some gel can contain a small amt. of caffine which may serve some specific purpose.

What we need is essentially glucose that we can get in a very cheap and effective way without burning a hole in the pocket. What gives?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. novetan

novetan New Member

So if I stick with Glucolin, do I get essentally the same nutrients offered in gel if taken in same qty?