Is Haluzak still in business?

93XO1Rider

Apr 24, 2004
I've owned a Haluzak Leprechaun for about 5 or 6 years and been riding it on a regular basis all that time. Lately every time I check the Haluzak web site I see it's never changed and the one phone message I left was never returned.

Are they still around?

93XO1Rider said:
I've owned a Haluzak Leprechaun for about 5 or 6 years and been riding it on a regular basis all that time. Lately every time I check the Haluzak web site I see it's never changed and the one phone message I left was never returned.

Are they still around?

As far as I know, yes! I had Haluzak build up a custom Horizon for me that was delivered late August 2004. Bill Haluzak had gone back to work building houses because the bike business was so poor. He had one employee, Greg, doing EVERYTHING. Greg is a great guy, builds a super bike, but with only one brain and two hands, one needs patience. I had to wait several months for mine. Greg put Avid disc brakes, XT/105/DuraAce components on it and a Pantour front hub. It's been a great bike. Late December '04 I did about 600 mile tour with it towing a Burley Nomad trailer. Not one problem. I love this bike and will keep it for some time (forever?) though I am thinking about going to a full fledged suspension fork for greater comfort. It will add some weight, of course, but I'm no speed freak anyway.

Cheers,

Scott

I just spoke to Bill Haluzak on the phone in early June 2005, just prior to my purchasing a Horizon. It took him a few days to return my call, but he was busy building his wonderful bikes.

His only employee, Greg, mentioned in the post above, left Santa Rosa to live with his girlfriend (where is that guy's priorities!!:rolleyes: ).

Mr. H. said that he is most definitely still in business, but since he is doing EVERYTHING himself, he is running way behind.

Loid