is it a better work out?

aa9t8

Oct 22, 2004
hope this is the place to ask. i ride pretty much every day. clears the head and helps my arthritis. i am thinking that riding my track bike is a better work out and better cardio. what say you? and thanks.

aa9t8 said:
hope this is the place to ask. i ride pretty much every day. clears the head and helps my arthritis. i am thinking that riding my track bike is a better work out and better cardio. what say you? and thanks.

Since no one has responded, I will take a shot at this:
IMO, the track bike will probably have a gear that is too big for some conditions, for example, into headwinds and any significant climbing. So you would end up working more on muscular/power adaptations than cardio stuff.
However, you can try using a smaller gear on the track bike, one which you are able to easily spin, if that is what you want to do.
As far as a track bike or a road bike being a "better" workout....not sure exactly what you mean, as it depends what your goals are and HOW you workout on each type of bike, not the bike per se...hope that makes sense?

thanks brian
i think that it gives me a better cardio workout? but i do not know. i am geared too high i think. but i can pass cars in the school zone. and i really like that. when i get into a real steep hill, once so far i just carry the bike downhill. so far i have not had to carry it up any hills. thanks again. rob