Is it cold where you are now?

Santic Cycling

Oct 5, 2022
We're already cold here, and now we need to wear long pants for all our rides to avoid catching a cold after exercise without keeping warm.

What is cold?

Here, cold is 50 degrees. Other parts of the world, 50 is hot.

We are used to 100 degrees ob our bicycle rides so we wear long tights when it gets cold. Coldest around here is 35 degrees.

I wear long tights to keep my knees warm.

I wear base layers all year round, even in 105 degrees.

What is cold?

Here, cold is 50 degrees. Other parts of the world, 50 is hot.

We are used to 100 degrees ob our bicycle rides so we wear long tights when it gets cold. Coldest around here is 35 degrees.

I wear long tights to keep my knees warm.

I wear base layers all year round, even in 105 degrees.
Where are you?

Where are you?
Southern California
0T3.JPG

For me cold is anything below 40F. I have ridden in 32F and I swore never to do that again. We do get temperatures of 14F for a high, but that's after a snow storm. Right now it's 45F with a breeze that makes it feel even colder.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
For me cold is anything below 40F. I have ridden in 32F and I swore never to do that again. We do get temperatures of 14F for a high, but that's after a snow storm. Right now it's 45F with a breeze that makes it feel even colder.
Nice. A buddy and I would ride up Glendora Mt Ridge road near Mt Baldy at night. 39 degrees and freezing cold on a fast downhill. About the coldest we could get around here.

Our group ride at a local forest was recently cancelled for freezing temps and rains.
This weekend looks bad too. Going to be a mud-fest with the expected rains .

I prefer it to dry up a bit , clingy but not mucky trails.
Hate to get cold on a ride so much effort on what I'm wearing that day. Often bring several sets of clothing - and decide last minute which and how many layers. At times have needed 3 layers to be comfortable.

Probably not the best day for cycling here in Schererville, Indiana with actual temperatures of -9 Fahrenheit and with steady wind of 25 mph the wind chill is -35, icy roads and blowing snow. Good day for a Zwift ride on the smart trainer!

• Wow
Reactions: concord
Probably not the best day for cycling here in Schererville, Indiana with actual temperatures of -9 Fahrenheit and with steady wind of 25 mph the wind chill is -35, icy roads and blowing snow. Good day for a Zwift ride on the smart trainer!
Better you than me. LOL I'm in AZ but I'm still not riding, temp outside now is 47F.

The Tour de France will be held in Las Vegas in 2023. Las Vegas has its own mini Eiffel Tower, so it makes sense that the city would be interested in hosting its own version of the Tour de France. And in 2023, that's exactly what they're doing: a two-day mini-tour is coming to Sin City. The massive event, dubbed L'Étape Las Vegas by the Tour de France, is set to take place next May. Not surprisingly, Las Vegas is ideal for such an event precisely because of the beautiful weather. The city is no stranger to major cycling events: for years it has been home to Interbike, one of the world's largest cycling trade shows, and it has also hosted the legendary CrossVegas cyclocross race. I've already found a great hotel to stay in on this tour.

Temperatures are between 60 to 75 this week. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but wishing for even lower temps so I don't sweat at all!

• Wow
Reactions: concord
Hey! I totally get what you mean about sweating during rides. It can be a real hassle. Have you tried any cooling accessories, like neck gaiters or arm coolers? They can really help regulate your body temperature and keep you feeling comfortable. Stay hydrated out there and enjoy your rides!