Is it easy to change this Polar watch battery?

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
I think this is a dumb question, but I am afraid to touch anything near the battery of this watch out of fear of breaking something. Can I just pop this battery out easily and replace it?

Thanks

2751938245_77ce71e5c8.jpg

jojoma said:
I think this is a dumb question, but I am afraid to touch anything near the battery of this watch out of fear of breaking something. Can I just pop this battery out easily and replace it?

Yup. Just makes sure you understand how that top contact--the large metal bit on top of the battery goes back in. It's held in place, I think, by two tabs.

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. Yours looks a little different than mine did, but it's not hard. On mine, there was a small opening next to the battery, similar to yours. On your picture, it's the top of the picture right next to the battery. Inside that small opening is a small latch where the peice of metal that holds the battery in place latches. Just use a small screw driver (like the one you used to take the back off the watch) and pop the tab off. The metal peice will pop off easily after that.

As alienator said, make sure you get it back in correctly. I'd recommend buying the battery so you can do it as soon as you take it apart. I took a battery out of a watch recently, but then didn't buy a replacement for almost a week. Took me a while to figure out how to get it back together after that.

My wife has a Polar heart monitor watch that is water resistant. It has an O ring that seals water out. I check that it's in good shape and placed carefully when I put the back on the watch after replacing the battery.

rcrampton said:
My wife has a Polar heart monitor watch that is water resistant. It has an O ring that seals water out. I check that it's in good shape and placed carefully when I put the back on the watch after replacing the battery.
+1 on this. if you do replace it yourself be VERY careful to but the back of the unit on properly in order to create a good seal.

macaj said:
+1 on this. if you do replace it yourself be VERY careful to but the back of the unit on properly in order to create a good seal.
Thanks. This is good advice. But I was not careful enough I guess. :(

I thought I was Michael Phelps the other day and for the first time took my HRM into a pool, and it died after about two minutes. Water got inside it.

Bummer. It didn't come back to life after it dried out? A lot of electronics don't like being wet but dry out just fine.