is it good to ride when having ITB problems?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Fito, May 15, 2003.

  1. Fito

    Fito Guest

    My ITB is bugging me, so I am neither running nor ridding. I know you are supposed to cut down the
    running mileage but I am not sure if ridding really aggravates the ITB problem. Does it? Thanks

    Tags:

  2. When my left ITB flared up, biking did not bother me. It seems mostly to become inflamed at the foot
    plant of running and it's stabilizing effects on the knee. You could probably try to ride and see
    how it felt. Rest, stretches, NSAIDs and time are what got my knee better.

    Walt

    --
    __ o 0 /\o__ -\<, //\/ ^^^^^^^ ( ) / ( ) \/\ ..../

  3. Jkmsg

    Jkmsg Guest

    [email protected] (Fito) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My ITB is bugging me, so I am neither running nor ridding. I know you are supposed to cut down the
    > running mileage but I am not sure if ridding really aggravates the ITB problem. Does it? Thanks

    That depends... but the simple answer is yes. Sometimes an ITB inflamation is caused by a
    particular motion or increase in intensity... if the bike can repeat those causes, then yes the
    bike can compound the problem. If the bike doesn't repeat the cause, then no - the bike may not
    cause the problems.

    Joe M