is it good to ride when having ITB problems?

Fito

Guest
My ITB is bugging me, so I am neither running nor ridding. I know you are supposed to cut down the
running mileage but I am not sure if ridding really aggravates the ITB problem. Does it? Thanks

When my left ITB flared up, biking did not bother me. It seems mostly to become inflamed at the foot
plant of running and it's stabilizing effects on the knee. You could probably try to ride and see
how it felt. Rest, stretches, NSAIDs and time are what got my knee better.

Walt

--

[email protected] (Fito) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> My ITB is bugging me, so I am neither running nor ridding. I know you are supposed to cut down the
> running mileage but I am not sure if ridding really aggravates the ITB problem. Does it? Thanks

That depends... but the simple answer is yes. Sometimes an ITB inflamation is caused by a
particular motion or increase in intensity... if the bike can repeat those causes, then yes the
bike can compound the problem. If the bike doesn't repeat the cause, then no - the bike may not
cause the problems.

Joe M