Is it legal for cars to park on a bike lane?

Swadesh

Nov 26, 2016
seoonline4u.blogspot.com
The Particular Laws for Vehicles over a road will all depend on your geographical area. However, there will be considered a sign with designated hrs, stating when you can't use the lane (when it really is only for use regarding bikes). Otherwise, lanes made for bikes will remain solely to the purpose and no other form of vehicle.

When you're cycling you want to get respect about it, and definitively having your lane free means respect. Having some kind of schedule, and make it restricted space during some hours of the day, seems fair enough. We don't have such help over here, people parks wherever they want, and obviously if they see any free spot at a cycling lane, they will take it and you will have some trouble while cycling.

I think I already have posted a photo of vehicles parked on a bike lane. Considering that Marikina was the first city to install bike lanes on the main roads, that goes to show the stubborn people here who only think of their own welfare. Parking in a no parking zone should result in a traffic violation ticket.

It sure doesn't seem to be a problem in many places.

I'm originally from New York City, and just before I left they started constructing bike lanes throughout the city. It was a mess. I believe that there is a law stating motorists cannot drive or park in bike lanes, but so many people didn't give a darn.

It actually became a trend to post pictures of police cars parked in bike lanes. Police, the very people that were supposed to be enforcing the law were breaking it.

Sure it isn't legal but it might as well be when no one enforces the law. It's an annoying shame.

It depends on the location, and in some places it is illegal, although I don't think people are aware nor is it ever enforced, which is a shame for cyclists.

It is not right for cars to park on places made for the bikes to park. I mean disobeying of the law is one of the bad those living in the area should speak up against. The attitude by the drivers might get to that extent where you want to get into a fight with them as well.

It depends on the location, and in some places it is illegal, although I don't think people are aware nor is it ever enforced, which is a shame for cyclists.

People not being aware is the issue that we are having and it is good that such posts like this are now are used to let people understand things about the rules of the road so they know their rights when out there.

I think I already have posted a photo of vehicles parked on a bike lane. Considering that Marikina was the first city to install bike lanes on the main roads, that goes to show the stubborn people here who only think of their own welfare. Parking in a no parking zone should result in a traffic violation ticket.

It is just the attitude of some of us that gets me weak in the sense that they don't even care about what happens as long as they are riding their bikes well.

People not being aware is the issue that we are having and it is good that such posts like this are now are used to let people understand things about the rules of the road so they know their rights when out there.
Yeah, ignorance on the roads is a big part of why there are accidents or heavy traffic, and some people aren't even aware of the bike lanes. The internet and forums like these have helped increase awareness, but a lot of people are still uninformed.

Reactions: steve
Yeah, ignorance on the roads is a big part of why there are accidents or heavy traffic, and some people aren't even aware of the bike lanes. The internet and forums like these have helped increase awareness, but a lot of people are still uninformed.

The honest truth is that a whole lot of people ar still uninformed about this type of forum where they could get to learn more about how to ride bikes safely on the road. So, there is need to let more people get to see that.

I think it's should be illegal, The law should implement that, they should respect the other vehicles who using that lane, but in our country, I think it's alright to park there.

I think it's should be illegal, The law should implement that, they should respect the other vehicles who using that lane, but in our country, I think it's alright to park there.

This is the issue that we have in some countries and it is not pretty okay as long as the safety of everyone is put under consideration. There is need to ensure that each road user obeys the rule of the road.

This is the issue that we have in some countries and it is not pretty okay as long as the safety of everyone is put under consideration. There is need to ensure that each road user obeys the rule of the road.
If you will just watch the news about the illegal parking in our country, Philippines, The Duterte administration strictly doing the job to punish and tow that illegal parking almost every day, but they keep coming back until their license finally confiscated. This is what happened when you allowed them to do that for so many years, the illegal become legal because the authority not doing their job before.

It is just the attitude of some of us that gets me weak in the sense that they don't even care about what happens as long as they are riding their bikes well.
i think that i have not an opportunity to park my bike where it is necessary to park a car
you want to get respect about it, and definitively having your lane free means respect. Having some kind of schedule, and make it restricted space during some hours of the day, seems fair enough. We don't have such help over here, people parks wherever they want,