Is it ok to bike-ride 3 times a week?

worldgod

Dec 20, 2003
HELLO ALL: Is it ok to bikeride just 3 times a week for weight maintanance? The thing is that i just started university and hard studying, and i won't have as much time and energy to train in my stationary-bicycle every day because of my classes and reading.
I gain weight easy (slow-metabolism) and i would like to know if 3 times x week is enough for weight maintance? i also follow a sensible controlled calorie diet all the time to prevent adding weight.

PS: I use a stationary-magnetic-bicycle because i live far from the bicycling-park, and i don't like riding in the streets to prevent death.

Thanx all and any thoughts would be appreciated on how much i should train

worldgod

Originally posted by worldgod
HELLO ALL: Is it ok to bikeride just 3 times a week for weight maintanance?
If thats all you can manage, thats all you can manage. Some exercise is better than none. As an absolute minimum do 3 x 30 mins at a level where you get out of breath.
The thing is that i just started university and hard studying, and i won't have as much time and energy to train in my stationary-bicycle every day because of my classes and reading.
You'll find the exercise helps the study!!!
I gain weight easy (slow-metabolism) and i would like to know if 3 times x week is enough for weight maintance? i also follow a sensible controlled calorie diet all the time to prevent adding weight.
How do you know you have a slow metabolism? Most weight gain is simply due to eating too much food!!! Monitor your weight on a weekly basis and adjust your diet accordingly. If you exercise less just eat less.
PS: I use a stationary-magnetic-bicycle because i live far from the bicycling-park, and i don't like riding in the streets to prevent death.

You should train as much as you can, around your busy schedule.

folks,
Don't you get it? This "WORLDGOD" keeps posting these really dumb questions, i.e., trolls!!!

Doesn't the moniker "WorldGod" set off at least one alarm bell? And "to prevent death"? Come now.

Okay, okay .... none of my business I know, I know.. but I find a lot of good info on here and it just bugs me a little when people play 'games'.

Best wishes,
Rick

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers like yours, I didn't come to this forum to listen to measly insults. So can't you answer if bicycling 3 times x week is enough?

worldgod

Originally posted by rmur
"WORLDGOD" keeps posting these really dumb questions, i.e., trolls!!!

Three times a week is not enough, you need a MINIMUM of 15 hours a week 10 hours of those being 90-95% of maximum heart rate. also cut your CARBS and eat more fat & little protien, good
luck.

okay 3 times a week is enough if each session is, say, 4-6 hours.

I haven't the time to aruge on here so best of luck in whatever pursuits you are undertaking...

Originally posted by zaskar
Three times a week is not enough, you need a MINIMUM of 15 hours a week 10 hours of those being 90-95% of maximum heart rate. also cut your CARBS and eat more fat & little protien, good
luck.
That diet sounds suspiciously like the DEAD - Dr Atkins
Short term gain (impossible to LIVE on)

Originally posted by zaskar
luck.
This might be a little excessive given that in the UK current recomendations are a minimum of 3 x 30 minutes of moderate activity for health. 7 x 60 minutes of moderate activity for children.

The amount of time you spend training also depends upon your lifestyle and goals.

Hola,
Hablas espanol?

I have a similar problem as I work long hours. It's really tough to train in a sport when time is short. Maybe you will suffer in stamina if you can't get enough miles in but you should still be able to stay fit if you intensify your training over a shorter time schedule. Sometimes my only option is to cycle to work and back - which means sprinting back home at 6.00 a.m. when everyone is in bed.

I think it's important for athletes to work on their education as well and keep a balance. Later on you can choose from a wider variety of options and your education will always act as security in the future.

HELLO ALL: Is it ok to bikeride just 3 times a week for weight maintanance? The thing is that i just started university and hard studying, and i won't have as much time and energy to train in my stationary-bicycle every day because of my classes and reading.

worldgod