Is it ok to bikeride every other day?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by worldgod, Nov 5, 2004.

1. worldgod

worldgod New Member

hello all: is it ok to bikeride for 50 minutes every other day so I won't get too exhausted and too bored? the thing is that i have noticed is that if i bikeride non-stop for 4-5 days consecutive i would get a boredom and a tiredness. So is it ok to bikeride one day and then rest 1-2 days in between???

any thoughts and comments would be appreciated

worldgod

Tags:

2. OCRoadie

OCRoadie New Member

It's okay to ride or not ride whenever you want. You don't need our permission to take days off from riding. If your asking if it will affect your performance or training, probably not. Your body needs days off to recover, and your mind needs days off to keep from getting bored. I wish this was dilema for me, as with family and work I am always looking to squeeze an extra day in. If your are getting 3 -5 days in per week, you should be doing fine. In the peak of racing season 4-6 days per week is better (which I am very lucky to keep up with 4). My wife just shut me down on Saturday mornings. Now it's the early 5:30am before work rides and one good long one on Sunday. Anyway to answer your question, it's great to bike every other day.

3. keydates

keydates New Member

Do you vary your routes? That can help.

4. dallasbikr

dallasbikr New Member

If you feel like riding, and your body will let you...then ride. If that is every day, every other, or once a month...then good for you.

If you are training to a specific goal, then the ride times should be a little more focused.

DallasBikr

5. ianhargreaves

ianhargreaves New Member

I used to have that problem but then gave triathlon a go, I am now hooked on it like it's cocain! Can't get enough. Also Duathlon it you can't/wont swim. Trust me if you wanna get physical everyday but need vari then try some x-training unless that is you're a die hard cyclist.

6. worldgod

worldgod New Member

hey my friends: thanx a lot because i was already getting really peeved, bored and depressed from going to the park to bikeride every day in the afternoons usually from 4PM to 5:20 PM today i feel so bored and depressed because i feel overtrained from riding for about 6 days non stop, i will take 2 days off.
    And i will bikeride 3 days x week from now on

thanks a lot for your comments, i appreciate it very much

worldgod