Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

is it practical to own one in the uk ?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 504 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
17 March 2007
Last activity
19 March 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
504
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello ,

    Im thinking of getting recumbent to try and get some exercise as I
    have very bad muscoskeletal problems that pretty much have me on
    crutches , however I am worried about how practical it is to have one
    where I am in the Highlands / Scotland.

    I dont what its like for any one else but it worries that it might get
    broke or stolen by some folk who use it as an excuse to have some fun
    which theirs plenty of up here .

    Its unlikely it would fit through my front door so Im wondering other
    than getting a shed and putting it in there , or using alarm system
    ( which wont protect it ) just what others here do ?

    thanks

    matt

  2. Quoted message said:

    Im thinking of getting recumbent to try and get some exercise as I
    have very bad muscoskeletal problems that pretty much have me on
    crutches , however I am worried about how practical it is to have one
    where I am in the Highlands / Scotland.

    I dont what its like for any one else but it worries that it might get
    broke or stolen by some folk who use it as an excuse to have some fun
    which theirs plenty of up here .

    Its unlikely it would fit through my front door so Im wondering other
    than getting a shed and putting it in there , or using alarm system
    ( which wont protect it ) just what others here do ?

    Mine lives in a locked garage. I'd certainly want a shed or locker
    for it, just to keep it out of the rain as much as anything.

    It's not immediately desirable to thieves because it would be easy
    to trace and hard to sell on and easy to spot, but it might be
    taken for joyriding: nothing a decent lock wouldn't stop though.
    Mine hasn't ever been broken so far parking it in Dundee of an
    evening, and it's never struck me as particularly less prone to
    that sort of behaviour than anywhere in the Highlands...

    Best thing to do next is try some out. Nearest places for that are
    Kinetics in Glasgow and Laidback in Edinburgh, both of which are
    happy for you to play. Kinetics has a bigger selection, including
    trikes as well as bikes.

    Feel free to email me direct if you want any other Scottish
    specific info on the ins and outs of 'bents.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Quoted message said:

    Hello ,

    Im thinking of getting recumbent to try and get some exercise as I
    have very bad muscoskeletal problems that pretty much have me on
    crutches , however I am worried about how practical it is to have one
    where I am in the Highlands / Scotland.

    I dont what its like for any one else but it worries that it might get
    broke or stolen by some folk who use it as an excuse to have some fun
    which theirs plenty of up here .

    Its unlikely it would fit through my front door so Im wondering other
    than getting a shed and putting it in there , or using alarm system
    ( which wont protect it ) just what others here do ?

    thanks

    matt

    I have a couple of customers in Scotland who never have problems, I live in
    the middle of chav land down here and never have problems, any mechanical
    issues are more likely to do with the standard cycle parts so no
    different to any
    other cycle.

    --
    Three wheels good, two wheels ok

    www.catrike.co.uk

  4. [email hidden] came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
    moment ago in alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello ,

    Im thinking of getting recumbent to try and get some exercise as I
    have very bad muscoskeletal problems that pretty much have me on
    crutches , however I am worried about how practical it is to have one
    where I am in the Highlands / Scotland.

    I dont what its like for any one else but it worries that it might get
    broke or stolen by some folk who use it as an excuse to have some fun
    which theirs plenty of up here .

    Its unlikely it would fit through my front door so Im wondering other
    than getting a shed and putting it in there , or using alarm system
    ( which wont protect it ) just what others here do ?

    thanks

    matt

    mine gets parked in my kitchen. I'm putting a sound system and satnav on it
    this week so there's no way it gets parked outside.
    --
    If you can read this -
    The [censored] fell off!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.