Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

is it supposed to hurt like this?

Started by 10timesbetter · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,355 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 November 2004
Last activity
1 December 2004
Original author
10timesbetter
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,355
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been using spd pedals since i got down to school, and i've grown pretty fond of them, but just recently i bought a pair of pedals with clips on them, just for those times i'm going somewhere that i know i'm gonna be walking, figured it'd be nice to wear normal shoes, so I put them on, but they hurt😠

    ha, do they all feel like that? is it just because i usually wear converse and they're not very thick? the part that hurts, is the very back edge of the platform, at first i thought it was put on upside down, but then when i went to flip it, i realized it wasn't, and then the little triangle peice where the clip bolts onto the platform, that little triange peice that goes on top of there, has the two edges facing upwards. all the ones i've seen look the same as mine, I just never thought they would hurt like this, it's just not that comfortable. does anyone else have a similar complaint? I was thinking of checking around ebay for another cheap pair, and taking those parts to the grinder to flatten them out a little, so my foot would acctually have a platform to stand on, instead of just those 3 thin peices of metal

  2. You can buy plastic pedal adapers that go in SPD pedals. Go to your local bike shop and ask them. Quite often they come on new bikes (so folks can demo them in the store) and the bikes new owner scraps them. Sounds like just what you need. They will be cheaper than new pedals that your just going to destroy....

    Here you go. Quite cheap.
    nashbar.comprofile.cfm=

    L

  3. I've had those before, I thought they were a miserable invention, since they're plastic i couldn't really attach them into the pedal too tight, so they were always moving around, and I was always worried one was just gonna fall off when i was riding down the road, and it would be forever lost in traffic, with my gearing and being in traffic, I need atleast clips for pedaling, otherwise I don't accelerate fast enough to be in traffic, it's a fixed gear, so it's kinda weird to ride if my feet aren't somewhat attached,

    no one has any opinions on if they're always this uncomfortable?

  4. If you're using toeclips/pedals designed for mountain biking, the protrusions on the top of the pedal platform are to help hold shoes that are typically used for mtn biking -- shoes w/traction and lugs. They fit into the tread to keep your shoe more secure in the toeclip/pedal. You might (a) try a different shoe, (b) file off the protrusions, or (c) find another pedal. The answer to your question is: no, they shoudn't be uncomfortable.

  5. alright, thanks for the advice, next time i can get home, I'll work on taking them to the grinder

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.