Is it true Lance Armstrong was cheating?

Boy are you opening up a can of worms!

First off, I suppose it depends on your definition of cheating.

Some think he did. I don't. I think he became so good that he didn't have to cheat.

let the internet slugfests begin!

Boy are you opening up a can of worms!

First off, I suppose it depends on your definition of cheating.

Some think he did. I don't. I think he became so good that he didn't have to cheat.

let the internet slugfests begin!

pantani_lives said:
Yes, he cheated. He worked with Michele Ferrari for years and his entire career was based on doping.
Armstrong doped both BEFORE and AFTER his testicular Cancer. He is a typical addict, unable to stop his drug habit, even when it nearly killed him.

In addition to Armstrong being a drug cheat---so were his many teammates:

Frankie Andreu
Stephen Swartz
Tyler Hamilton
Benoit Joachim
Roberto Heras
Manuel Beltran
Pavel Padrnos
Floyd Landis (a medicated Mennonite)

Live Wrong! That's the Nike motto too!

Flyer's.Finale! said:
Armstrong doped both BEFORE and AFTER his testicular Cancer. He is a typical addict, unable to stop his drug habit, even when it nearly killed him.

Frankie Andreu
Stephen Swartz
Tyler Hamilton
Benoit Joachim
Roberto Heras
Manuel Beltran
Pavel Padrnos

Nike sucks!

Flyer's.Finale! said:

Frankie Andreu
Stephen Swartz
Tyler Hamilton
Benoit Joachim
Roberto Heras
Manuel Beltran
Pavel Padrnos

wwewee

supersuper said:
:eek::eek::eek:
do you want to joke?
lance is very clean, i'm sure......he is american
see you

I think Alienator dopes....he should be banned for life from this forum- red bull and cheddar cheese...

Flyer's.Finale! said:

Frankie Andreu
Stephen Swartz
Tyler Hamilton
Benoit Joachim
Roberto Heras
Manuel Beltran
Pavel Padrnos

If any of you have any evidence of his doping, bring it on. Other than that, save the false accusations for TV. There do seem to be a couple of primary thoughts, however. Did Lance dope before cancer? Perhaps, everyone did at that time (just like steriods and football in the 1970s). I have no proof but it would not shock me, nor would it really bother me, since doping was an epidemic at that time (and you almost couldn't compete without it). Did Lance dope after cancer? Very doubtful, given his new found mortality, and the much greater scrutiny the sport was under. How do you explain his success? Several ways; (1) Altitude training (simulation) tent, (2) substantial loss of body weight. He lost 20 kilos but almost none of his power. (3) The man trained and prepared like no one before him or since. "Mr. Millimeter". Face it, there are a ton of people (mostly French) who would give anything to catch Lance cheating. If they haven't found anything yet, it ain't gonna be found. Nuff said.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl5RxhLZ5U"]YouTube - Lance Armstrong Nike Commercial[/ame]

I thought it was kind of well played.

I hope not.
I'm sick of finding out that all the cyclist I look up to are doping.
Don't these people realize that they are dragging a good sport through the mud?
I realize the tempation is there...
"Well he's doing it an getting away with it so why can't I?"
Its just getting to the point where you can't trust anyone...pretty sad :(

Some think he was some don't. Funny thing about those that do think he is a cheat, they have no evidence. They assume because he was as good as he was, that he must have cheated.

Personally, I think he just looks back at chemo and realizes that that was way worse then climbing a mountain.

They all dope... it's impossible to race a three week long stage race at that intesity without pharmacological assistance.

The thing is... LA is using products that won't be discoverd for a few years because his 'brand' has allowed him very deep pockets for R & D. Pre-cancer LA was at best an average pro cyclist. The transformation after cancer is impossible without some kind of assistance.

LA even hired an independant lab to test him through the 2009 season but in the spring the lab FIRED Lance as a client. Why would a lab give up millions in free advertising? What did they find in his system that made them fire him?

Is using a substance that enhances performance but not on a banned list cheating? IMO yes, because if said substance was discovered and had the benefits of dramatically enhancing performance, it WOULD be banned.

IMO all cyclists should be required to divulge everything they injest for a few years to ensure teh sport is clean.

Also, LA would be a much bigger hero if he 'came clean' on the doping to help clean up the sport.

They all dope... it's impossible to race a three week long stage race at that intesity without pharmacological assistance.

The thing is... LA is using products that won't be discoverd for a few years because his 'brand' has allowed him very deep pockets for R & D. Pre-cancer LA was at best an average pro cyclist. The transformation after cancer is impossible without some kind of assistance.

LA even hired an independant lab to test him through the 2009 season but in the spring the lab FIRED Lance as a client. Why would a lab give up millions in free advertising? What did they find in his system that made them fire him?

Is using a substance that enhances performance but not on a banned list cheating? IMO yes, because if said substance was discovered and had the benefits of dramatically enhancing performance, it WOULD be banned.

IMO all cyclists should be required to divulge everything they injest for a few years to ensure teh sport is clean.

Also, LA would be a much bigger hero if he 'came clean' on the doping to help clean up the sport.

Pinarellojohn said:
Pre-cancer LA was at best an average pro cyclist. The transformation after cancer is impossible without some kind of assistance.

I thought he won the World Champ pre-cancer? At 16 wasnt he competing in triathlons against Mark Allen and company? Hardly "average.............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: