Is it true Lance Armstrong was cheating?

Sorry Froze, it was Roadhouse that i was mooning at. The numbers shown were for the purpose of presentation only. I just wanted everybody to know that 1 guy was getting paid too much & it was just not fair.
Ok Mr. Roadhouse let's just have an open mind here for a sec. Is it possible that Lance is taking a portion of that donated $ for cancer research into his pockect & out to some of his team mates & peers. Just asking for an opinion. We both know that Lance is a savvy businessman. Just found out that he endorses products like in this case an energy drink. The problem is he makes it sound as if he's donating a big chunk of $ to good use but it turns out that when you buy a pack which cost around $30, he only donates 10 cents. This guy never seizes to amaze me with his cheating prowess. Hope he gets what he realy deserves soon.

Hi Quenya,
Oh c'mon, my reasoning is fallacious ? I beg your pardon. Earlier it was genuesque now this just because you found out that Greg is my hero & not Mr. Fraud Lance. Open your mind to a reason & put aside national pride for a sec & you'll have a whole new perspective.
My native tongue is English eh. I came to North America when i was 11 months eh. Gee that's funny I made 1 spelling mistake & you jumped on it while i leave you alone with your grammatical errors. An immigrant like me would love to take you on a spelling bee though but then again you wouldn't. Chances are American born will lose to us & that's embarrassing. By the way I'm fluent on 4 languages & did not go to school to get a degree on 1 of them because then it would be a walk in the park & more like cheating so I've chosen science and math based
because i believe they require a higher level of dare i say iq? Don't you think?
Fact is we anglophones in north America know that most of us are not very good in spelling. So consider it a bad analysis on your part assuming i had a different native languash.
Sorry, i did not mean to make you look dumb earlier, it was all for
laughter & other stuff just to keep you on your toes. Gotta admit your the first Yank I've encountered that can spell French words. Congrats. Did you really know or you looked it up? I'd say it's the latter because then that would be cheating. Now we both know why you like Lance. Hahaha. Hahaha. At least you have something in common. I don't get it. You wanted a sorta sophisticated forum but uses acronyms such as STFU. I guess i'll visit back after the trial when
everything will be out but doubtful because Lance will never admit it. He's beginning to crack right now though judging from his latest statement. "I will not participate in any witch hunt. I've done too many good things to too many people" There are at least 2 sides to every story so what does that mean?
In the mean time allow me to get rid of my fcuk me shirt and timmy middlefinger pants so i could wear my jammy.
Go Greg go, the greatest cyclist of all time. Greg & Floyd go get Lance, the greatest cheater of all time. hahahaha

We, as people of the technology and internet age, need to be VERY careful about what we read. There are web sites, for whatever reason, that will talk trash and make it sound like it's the truth. I don't know Lance's personal or business life, and I can't answer if Lance is pocketing the cancer funds, but some of you have already pass judgement from just reading websites that could be entirely wrong. I reserving my judgement until he is found either guilty or innocent. I think it odd that a man who donates money (and time) to children out his pocket in Austin for cycling clubs etc would extort money out of the cancer fund he set up; but stranger things have happened. In America we use to hold the belief that a man was innocent until proven guilty, we need to go back to that idea. If he's guilty of any of this stuff it will be found out in court, but let us wait to judge him after the trial.

Jamba said:
Sorry Froze, it was Roadhouse that i was mooning at. The numbers shown were for the purpose of presentation only. I just wanted everybody to know that 1 guy was getting paid too much & it was just not fair.
Ok Mr. Roadhouse let's just have an open mind here for a sec. Is it possible that Lance is taking a portion of that donated $ for cancer research into his pockect & out to some of his team mates & peers. Just asking for an opinion. We both know that Lance is a savvy businessman. Just found out that he endorses products like in this case an energy drink. The problem is he makes it sound as if he's donating a big chunk of $ to good use but it turns out that when you buy a pack which cost around $30, he only donates 10 cents. This guy never seizes to amaze me with his cheating prowess. Hope he gets what he realy deserves soon.

i can't say for certain anything about his cheating prowess (they ALL cheated, did they not?) but i can say that it is common for the winner to disperse his 1st place winnings amongst not only the team but the team staff as well (at least Lance did that) which the actual number of Lance's win from Landis' first outting with Team Postal and the exact same story from Every Second Counts which I was referring to earlier was 450,000 euros to which on top of that Lance personally added the what he himself called "The Lance Bonus" of $40,000 to each team rider, from out of pocket.

Lance's work ethic is phenominal, his dedication to his work ethic out of this world as is his business savvy and regardless of if he was doping he was still the strongest rider out there, dope or not as either way they would all be on the same playing field. He absolutely deserved the money he earned as he worked for it, not a doubt about that compared to every other pro rider not only on his team but in the entire peleton.

and to answer your question, no, there is absolutely no way let alone absolutely no reason for Lance to take money from anyone, from his Livestrong Foundation to his teammates. I understand that many such as yourself love to hate Lance but there comes a time when the line being crossed from pondering certain aspects travel directly over to straight stupid , you suggesting what you have certainly now being that time.

no offense but that is just ridiculous. money laundering is what you are suggesting. why? he was a mutli millionaire before he even had cancer and that amount soaring to heights after in which i can't even imagine the sum of and i doubt you could either.

Lance starting a cancer foundation to help those in need and only to steal from them, that's a hoot.

Flyer's.Finale!;3187275 said:
Armstrong doped both BEFORE and AFTER his testicular Cancer. He is a typical addict, unable to stop his drug habit, even when it nearly killed him.

In addition to Armstrong being a drug cheat---so were his many teammates:

Frankie Andreu
Stephen Swartz
Tyler Hamilton
Benoit Joachim
Roberto Heras
Manuel Beltran
Pavel Padrnos
Floyd Landis (a medicated Mennonite)

Live Wrong! That's the Nike motto too!

I can tell you are a lance hater! NEXT

I would like to think that Lance didn't cheat and my Lance memorabilia will be worth far less when judgement falls but it is your own government that is going after Lance....not the French...the French covered his tracks because it would impact on its infiltration of cyling into the lucrative US sports market !

George Hincapie and Tyler Hamilton have reportedly told the authorities that they both witnessed Armstrong ingesting banned performance enhancing drugs
in the past few days.

And Armstrongs refrain? "I didn't fail a test".
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Add George Hincapie to that list of dopers, along with every pro rider for the past 2 decades at least. The government is abusing its power going after Armstrong and wasting taxpayer dollars, what crime could he be charged with? If you tell a police officer you used heroin yesterday, you can't get charged unless your still under the influence or have the heroin in your possession. What is the governments end game, to have Armstrong stripped up his TdF wins? Why is that their businesses? If they were to go back and try to figure out who was doping and who wasn't year to year via other riders testimony on each other, I doubt they would be able to come up with 20 riders out of the 200 in the TdF that DID NOT take PEDs. It's unfair to go after Armstrong without going after everyone else too. Does cheating because everyone else is make it right, No, but the situation is what it is and cycling should move forward and try to clean itself up instead of looking to the past and shooting themselves in the foot.

Originally Posted by jrtalon .

Add George Hincapie to that list of dopers, along with every pro rider for the past 2 decades at least. The government is abusing its power going after Armstrong and wasting taxpayer dollars, what crime could he be charged with? If you tell a police officer you used heroin yesterday, you can't get charged unless your still under the influence or have the heroin in your possession. What is the governments end game, to have Armstrong stripped up his TdF wins? Why is that their businesses? If they were to go back and try to figure out who was doping and who wasn't year to year via other riders testimony on each other, I doubt they would be able to come up with 20 riders out of the 200 in the TdF that DID NOT take PEDs. It's unfair to go after Armstrong without going after everyone else too. Does cheating because everyone else is make it right, No, but the situation is what it is and cycling should move forward and try to clean itself up instead of looking to the past and shooting themselves in the foot.
USPS are a federal company.
The US governments attitude is that if titles and money were earned by riders who used banned performance enhancing drugs, while being sponsored by that federal company, then those winnings are illegal and a crime has been committed.
On this occasion I agree with the American government.

All cycling fans should welcome the fact that there is an attempt to clean up the sport and to bring cheats to justice.

Agree to disagree.
Appears to me your emotions are getting the better part of your rational thinking. This type of "logic" is embarrassing. Heroin use? Unfair to determine if he diverted federal funds for illegal performance enhancing drug use? Unfair to prosecute the Godfather? It's okay because everyone else is doing it?

Deterrents are necessary to dissuade the next fraudster from stealing federal funds (taxpayer money) to perpetuate his fraud. Any person that pays taxes should be upset and concerned about this thievery...that he won cycling races is irrelevant...letting him have a free pass would send the message that the ends justifies the means - and that can not be allowed in a civilized society, otherwise what's to stop YOU from cheating on your taxes, or anything else for that matter? Oh, it's okay - everyone else is doing it.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by limerickman .

USPS are a federal company.
The US governments attitude is that if titles and money were earned by riders who used banned performance enhancing drugs, while being sponsored by that federal company, then those winnings are illegal and a crime has been committed.
On this occasion I agree with the American government.

All cycling fans should welcome the fact that there is an attempt to clean up the sport and to bring cheats to justice.
Is that what this is all about? So if if Discovery Channel sponsored the team instead of USPS for 6yrs there wouldn't be an federal investigation? Still though unless cycling governing body is sanctioning Armstrong and stripping him then what basis can USPS say 'Oh his wins were illegal', witness testimony alone, no matter how many, shouldn't be enough to convict someone of any crime without additional evidence. That would be a witch hunt. Furthermore, this investigation is being conducted by the FDA, not the USPS if it was because of sponsorship money why is the FDA involved? And why wasn't there an investigation of fraud against Hamilton, Landis and Andreu who actually have been caught or admitted to doping?? Like I said, I think 80% of pro riders are active dopers but I also think justice needs to be even handed and it's unfair to target Armstrong without going after everyone else as well. Also, if this truly was about money then why not make it a civil matter where the burden of proof is a bit lower and recoup some money. IMO this is all about a federal agent on a power trip and has nothing to do with recovery money from Armstrong. What benefit will spending tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to just have Armstrong get a slap on the wrist and have his name tarnished?

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Deterrents are necessary to dissuade the next fraudster from stealing federal funds (taxpayer money) to perpetuate his fraud. Any person that pays taxes should be upset and concerned about this thievery...that he won cycling races is irrelevant...../img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Actually, and I just found this out too, the US Postal Service doesn't receive a dime of taxpayer money. They are funding through the products and services they sell.

Early History of the U.S. Postal Service
The United States Postal Service first began moving the mail on July 26, 1775, when the Second Continental Congress named Benjamin Franklin as the nation's first Postmaster General. In accepting the position, Franklin dedicated his efforts to fulfilling George Washington's vision. Washington, who championed a free flow of information between citizens and their government as a cornerstone of freedom, often spoke of a nation bound together by a system of postal roads and post offices.

The Modern Postal Service: Agency or Business?
Until adoption of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, the U.S. Postal Service functioned as a regular, tax-supported, agency of the federal government.
According to the laws under which it now operates, the U.S. Postal Service is a semi-independent federal agency, mandated to be revenue-neutral. That is, it is supposed to break even, not make a profit.

No, the USPS is a Business!
the Postal Service takes on some several very non-governmental attributes via the powers granted to it under Title 39, Section 401,

The USPS does get some taxpayer support. Around $96 million is budgeted annually by Congress for the "Postal Service Fund." These funds are used to compensate USPS for postage-free mailing for all legally blind persons and for mail-in election ballots sent from US citizens living overseas. A portion of the funds also pays USPS for providing address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies.

Actually, and I just found this out too, the US Postal Service doesn't receive a dime of taxpayer money. They are funding through the products and services they sell.
The current year is 2011.

USPS received federal funds for fiscal year 1999 - a little more than $93 million.
http://directmag.com/news/marketing_appropriations_bill_cuts/

What year did Lance win his first TdF?

Originally Posted by roadhouse .

The USPS does get some taxpayer support. Around $96 million is budgeted annually by Congress for the "Postal Service Fund." These funds are used to compensate USPS for postage-free mailing for all legally blind persons and for mail-in election ballots sent from US citizens living overseas. A portion of the funds also pays USPS for providing address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies.
http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/postalfacts.htm
"0 — tax dollars received for operating the Postal Service"

Your $96million is the government reimbursing the Post Office for the free services the government mandated they provide to the blind, elections, and child support enforcement basically the government paying the Post Office like everyone else. The USPS doesn't take taxpayer money to operate and almost certainly the $96 million didn't have anything to do with paying Armstrong and his team.