Is it worth using Power Agent?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by 886014, Feb 6, 2010.

1. 886014

886014 New Member

As per another thread here, I'm migrating from Polar to PowerTap with a Garmin 705. I use Garmin Training Center and Garmin Connect, a training diary, and have been using WKO+ for the past few years. I was wondering if there was any benefit in also using Power Agent? Is there anything that Power Agent can do that I couldn't already do with WKO?

While the download is clearly available, it IS also just another piece of software I need to import data in to, and I can't see any point if it just duplicates information I can already get elsewhere.

Pete

Tags:

2. lanierb

lanierb New Member

No. WKO+ is the way to go.

3. 886014

886014 New Member

Thanks for that. The only frustrating thing for me is that WKO+ is only available in Windoze version (as is my training diary) so it requires me to start WIN each time. Fortunately it's easy to drag and drop so not a big deal, however I sure will be glad when I never have to start that operating system again.

Pete

4. lanierb

lanierb New Member

5. 886014

886014 New Member

I believe there are a few out there specifically for the Mac however I have a few year's power data on WKO+ I'd like to maintain. I'm hoping with the Mac platform becoming increasingly popular eventually a Mac version will be released, though admit I'm not holding my breath.

6. lanierb

lanierb New Member

I know you can migrate data from WKO+ to Golden Cheetah. However, again I haven't tried it.

7. doctorSpoc

doctorSpoc New Member

sounds like you are using boot camp.. have you tried parallels? wouldn't have to boot into windows just for that one app.. opening parralles with WKO+ already opened becomes like just opening the app.. never really have to see windows..