Is ITV2 covering the Tour in '03?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Spanner, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Spanner

    Spanner Guest

    Hi Folks,

    Apologies if this has been covered before but does anyone know if ITV2 are going to cover the Tour
    this year? If so I might invest in a free to view digital box...

    Andrew.

    Tags:

  2. Allen Foster

    Allen Foster Guest

    Yes it is, including LIVE! (yes, I'm amazed as well) coverage of L'Alpe d'Huez stage on the Sunday
    and another mountain stage in the Pyrenees.

    At least that's what it said in CW

    The big question is though, for L'Alpe d'Huez who will you be watching, with Duffield or Liggett?

    On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:29:08 +0100, "spanner" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >Apologies if this has been covered before but does anyone know if ITV2 are going to cover the Tour
    >this year? If so I might invest in a free to view digital box...
    >
    >Andrew.

  3. Neal Milne

    Neal Milne Guest

    "Allen Foster" <[email protected]_THISnewtownbreda.demANDTHISon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes it is, including LIVE! (yes, I'm amazed as well) coverage of L'Alpe d'Huez stage on the Sunday
    > and another mountain stage in the Pyrenees.
    >
    > At least that's what it said in CW
    >
    > The big question is though, for L'Alpe d'Huez who will you be watching, with Duffield or Liggett?

    Depends. If I want to know about the local cheeses and what the resturant facilities are like at the
    top of L'Alpe d'Huez I'll watch Duffield. If I want intelligent and accurate commentary on the race
    I'll watch Liggett.

    Neal

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Neal Milne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected].co.uk>...

    > Depends. If I want to know about the local cheeses and what the resturant facilities are like at
    > the top of L'Alpe d'Huez I'll watch Duffield. If I want intelligent and accurate commentary on the
    > race I'll watch Liggett.

    I remember a pricelessly apoplectic Duffers in 1999 when stage leader and eventual winner Giuseppe
    Guerini was brought down by an idiot spectator trying to get a photograph. He urged anyone in the
    Eurosport audience who recognised the man to track him down and tell him "you'll never be his friend
    ever again".

    I heard Duffers' performance on the highlights in the evening. During the stage itself I was
    watching the race in a Parisian bar and I have to say the French commentator also got a little
    excited. I enjoyed the deadpan Gallic humour of one of my fellow imbibers. He sat poker faced as the
    incident unfolded, then as Guerini disappeared up the road and the spectator was wishing he were
    somewhere else he muttered, "At least his camera's not damaged."

    --
    Dave...

  5. Allen Foster <[email protected]_THISnewtownbreda.demANDTHISon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yes it is, including LIVE! (yes, I'm amazed as well) coverage of L'Alpe d'Huez stage on the Sunday
    > and another mountain stage in the Pyrenees.
    >
    > At least that's what it said in CW

    Also, did CW not mention that some of said live coverage would be on ITV1 not ITV2? If correct, good
    news for those of us without the necessary digibox :)

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  6. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > Yup - I spotted that too - indeed I did a little dance of joy about the
    room :)

    The mind boggles. Celeste tutu, paving slab singing 'everyone's a fruit & nut case' with certain
    scenes from Fantasia on the telly :)