is just a few or do they speak for the masses?

Simon

Guest
I have just been catching up on a few days missed posts and get a distinct impression that a few
people here hate anyone riding something that is not a mountain bike as seen through their eyes.

I dont ride an extra light, all singing and dancing XC bike. I ride a bike that does what I want it
for. I ride jumps, drops and street...... I also ride XC and yes on my ultra heavy low geared
"adult bmx".

Personally I dont care for people that are so prejudice, its those people that give mountain biking
as a whole a very bad name.

Remember this is not alt.xc.riders equally its not alt.adult.bmx or
alt.pretentious.fools.................... its just plain old alt.mountain-bike and to me that covers
a very vast range of bikes from singlespeeds through to the latest titanium xc superbike.

Sorry if I annoy anyone but hey this newsgroup is here to allow others to express themselves

Simon

Simon wrote:
> I have just been catching up on a few days missed posts and get a distinct impression that a few
> people here hate anyone riding something that is not a mountain bike as seen through their eyes.
>
> I dont ride an extra light, all singing and dancing XC bike. I ride a bike that does what I want
> it for. I ride jumps, drops and street...... I also ride XC and yes on my ultra heavy low geared
> "adult bmx".
>
> Personally I dont care for people that are so prejudice, its those people that give mountain
> biking as a whole a very bad name.
>
> Remember this is not alt.xc.riders equally its not alt.adult.bmx or
> alt.pretentious.fools.................... its just plain old alt.mountain-bike and to me that
> covers a very vast range of bikes from singlespeeds through to the latest titanium xc superbike.
>
> Sorry if I annoy anyone but hey this newsgroup is here to allow others to express themselves

Just keep your "jumps, drops and street" BS to alt.bmx. And when you actually ride in the MOUNTAINS,
post here. Simple, isn't it?

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have just been catching up on a few days missed posts and get a distinct Snip > Simon

Rotflmao, It must be slow in BMX land. I advocate all kinds of cycling and started on a bmx but
geeze dude!

Cleanbean still doing it in Texas

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Remember this is not alt.xc.riders equally its not alt.adult.bmx or
> alt.pretentious.fools.................... its just plain old alt.mountain-bike and to me that
> covers a very vast range of bikes from singlespeeds through to the latest titanium xc superbike.

The hell it does. Why don't you ******** Simpleton Simon?

JD

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:36:41 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip well said rant]
>Sorry if I annoy anyone but hey this newsgroup is here to allow others to express themselves
Okay Madonna....chill Simon friggin' chill before something pops,

:-]

<snip>
| Simon, **** 'em - they're just narrow minded, bigoted, up-their-own-arses _fuckwits_. They don't
| have a say in it anyway, I mean, what're they gonna do, 'torment you mercilessly with mean words'?

Thanks for the welcome. Guess I need a big pot of chill pills nearby when reading some comments :eek:)

My opinion........... long as its on 2 wheels its fine by me. Heck even 3 wheels will do!

Simon

| Just keep your "jumps, drops and street" BS to alt.bmx. And when you actually ride in the
| MOUNTAINS, post here. Simple, isn't it?
|
| Greg
| --

I feel sorry for such a shallow mind.

Simon "whatever you do, wherever you do it..........just ride"

>Simon, **** 'em - they're just narrow minded, bigoted, up-their-own-arses _fuckwits_. They don't
>have a say in it anyway, I mean, what're they gonna do, 'torment you mercilessly with mean words'?

Surely you can't mean me?...no matter it's all part of life. Think how boring this NG would be if
everyone had the same likes and dislikes....It'd be like lemmings over a cliff.

Diversity, it's the spice of life, enjoy it, savor it, devour it!

Peace, Bill

:-]

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> | Simon, **** 'em - they're just narrow minded, bigoted,
up-their-own-arses
> | _fuckwits_. They don't have a say in it anyway, I mean, what're they
gonna
> | do, 'torment you mercilessly with mean words'?
> |

> Thanks for the welcome. Guess I need a big pot of chill pills nearby when reading some
> comments :eek:)

yep. It helps to look for the unifying factors, and not the divisive ones. Did you read Jonathans'
FAQ yet ? That's a good place to start.

Penny

Simon wrote:
> <snip>
> | Simon, **** 'em - they're just narrow minded, bigoted, up-their-own-arses _fuckwits_. They don't
> | have a say in it anyway, I mean, what're they gonna do, 'torment you mercilessly with mean
> | words'?
> |

> Thanks for the welcome. Guess I need a big pot of chill pills nearby when reading some
> comments :eek:)
>
> My opinion........... long as its on 2 wheels its fine by me. Heck even 3 wheels will do!

Yep, anything on 2 wheels is awesome. But when it comes to Usenet, drops, jumps, street go in
alt.bmx, anything involving chairlifts goes in alt.adult-bmx, anything involving circus tricks goes
in alt.circus-tricks, and anything involving drops over 15' goes into alt.brainless-monkey.

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

"Hand me a mountain greg and I will ride it. Tow it across to Nottingham UK"

I will have alot more fun riding down it, getting air off anything I can. Taking the steepest decent
going and drifting round corners.

Then, greg, with an inane grin of pleasure across my face one I have reached the bottom ......I
shall turn to you and say damn that was cool lets go again.

See I will ride with anyone. You will ride with only those you can comprehend.

Simon

Simon wrote:

> Simon "whatever you do, wherever you do it..........just ride"

Yep, I agree very much, but we only talk about riding MOUNTAINS here.

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> | The hell it does. Why don't you ******** Simpleton Simon?
> |
> | JD
>
> When an "assumed" grown man has to resort to name calling I know his
advice
> is not worth the time of day.
>
> JD your always welcome to come ride over my way, heck I would even give
you
> a place to stay. Maybe in real life you would turn out to be a decent person.
>
> Simon , UK-Nottingham

snicker.

| Diversity, it's the spice of life, enjoy it, savor it, devour it!
|
| Peace, Bill

Try telling my missus that!

Simon

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> | Simon, **** 'em - they're just narrow minded, bigoted,
up-their-own-arses
> | _fuckwits_. They don't have a say in it anyway, I mean, what're they
gonna
> | do, 'torment you mercilessly with mean words'?
> |

> Thanks for the welcome. Guess I need a big pot of chill pills nearby when reading some
> comments :eek:)
>
> My opinion........... long as its on 2 wheels its fine by me. Heck even 3 wheels will do!

To me it is all about 2-wheels. I just got my ski-bob/winterXbike built up. It has 2 skis, but I
think it is going to prove to be very "wheel" like.

Get me a bottle of the pills. I think the "chill" pill doubles the effect of my "restrain" pills.
Not that I want to restrain at all, but the numbing feels nice.

darsh

> Simon

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> | Just keep your "jumps, drops and street" BS to alt.bmx. And when you actually ride in the
> | MOUNTAINS, post here. Simple, isn't it?
> |
> | Greg
> | --
>
> I feel sorry for such a shallow mind.

Just do your "jumps, drops and street" in the mountains. That should cover
it.

darsh

> Simon "whatever you do, wherever you do it..........just ride"

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> | The hell it does. Why don't you ******** Simpleton Simon?
> |
> | JD
>
> When an "assumed" grown man has to resort to name calling I know his
advice
> is not worth the time of day.
>
> JD your always welcome to come ride over my way, heck I would even give
you
> a place to stay. Maybe in real life you would turn out to be a decent person.

JD... a decent person? Are you insulting what you think he could be be? Are you looking for failure?
You gotta stop with the USENET assumptions... hehe

He is a huge "assumed" grown man..... he would beat your ass in a heartbeat while eating a pizza.

Hey JD, want me to kick his ass?

darsh

Simon wrote:
> "Hand me a mountain greg and I will ride it. Tow it across to Nottingham UK"
>
> I will have alot more fun riding down it, getting air off anything I can. Taking the steepest
> decent going and drifting round corners.

Just don't scare any hikers, equestrians, or other cyclists.

> Then, greg, with an inane grin of pleasure across my face one I have reached the bottom ......I
> shall turn to you and say damn that was cool lets go again.

And then we can discuss it in alt.adult-bmx.

> See I will ride with anyone. You will ride with only those you can comprehend.

Ahhh, you don't understand me. I ride with everyone, I even sample a bit of the forbidden fruit
every once in awhile, two-wheeled vehicles with engines in them, imagine that. But this is where we
discuss mountain biking.

HTH, Greg

--

G.T. wrote:

> Simon wrote:
>

>> Simon "whatever you do, wherever you do it..........just ride"
>>

> Yep, I agree very much, but we only talk about riding MOUNTAINS here.
>
> Greg

Yep. In fact, REAL mountian bikers summit. No wussy riding around on one little chunk of elevation..

news:D[email protected]...
> Simon wrote:
> > <snip>
> > | Simon, **** 'em - they're just narrow minded, bigoted,
up-their-own-arses
> > | _fuckwits_. They don't have a say in it anyway, I mean, what're they
gonna
> > | do, 'torment you mercilessly with mean words'?
> > |

> > Thanks for the welcome. Guess I need a big pot of chill pills nearby
when
> > reading some comments :eek:)
> >
> > My opinion........... long as its on 2 wheels its fine by me. Heck even
3
> > wheels will do!
> >

> Yep, anything on 2 wheels is awesome. But when it comes to Usenet, drops, jumps, street go in
> alt.bmx, anything involving chairlifts goes in alt.adult-bmx, anything involving circus tricks
> goes in alt.circus-tricks, and anything involving drops over 15' goes into alt.brainless-monkey.

I actually thought that was alt.no-nuts-brainless-monkey.

Westie