Is Kashechkin serious?

kennf

Jan 29, 2004
His latest strategy is to argue in court that the unannounced UCI blood test was a violation of his human rights.

You think Amnesty International will take up his cause? Hah!

kennf said:
His latest strategy is to argue in court that the unannounced UCI blood test was a violation of his human rights.

You think Amnesty International will take up his cause? Hah!

Human rights violations and Kazachstan Like there isn't enough of it already.

Seriously, I'm sure that at one point every pro rider has to sign a form that allows WADA/UCI or whoever is doing those things to conduct unannounced blood/urin/other doping tests. Same when you get a driver license and the police stops you for suspected DUI. You might refuse the test, but you'll get busted just as well.

Beneath contempt. The Human Rights scam is always the last refuge of a scoundrel. But then, it's just about what you would expect.

Cobblestones said:
Human rights violations and Kazachstan Like there isn't enough of it already.

Seriously, I'm sure that at one point every pro rider has to sign a form that allows WADA/UCI or whoever is doing those things to conduct unannounced blood/urin/other doping tests. Same when you get a driver license and the police stops you for suspected DUI. You might refuse the test, but you'll get busted just as well.
I thought that when you purchased a racing license that part of the conditions where that you could be tested at any time for whatever they want. I am not 100% certain so if somebody else knows for sure then please chime in, but i am pretty sure.

leestevens said:
I thought that when you purchased a racing license that part of the conditions where that you could be tested at any time for whatever they want. I am not 100% certain so if somebody else knows for sure then please chime in, but i am pretty sure.
It becomes part of the job. I think refusal should mean instantly guilty.

Scotttri said:
It becomes part of the job. I think refusal should mean instantly guilty.
given what i do for a living, this is an accepted part of the pee test. wriggle how he will, but he got busted. good luck, but how do you explain some other person's blood coursing through your veins?...

To me it is an issue that needs to be addressed. He did enter cycling knowing what the conditions are for employment as a cyclist.
I understand the cyclists need for some privacy however. I had to recently give a pee drop for a sensitive job that required it. As I was at ther medical facility I wondered as to why they required it. At least 4 guys there had the "same" pee...... And passed. What a joke.
I had to fingerprint too........ I am not sure why, but I felt as if my rights were violated. I just do not know if I want my fingerprints in a government data bank. I don't trust the competency of government employees. And I make this statement with a brother in a high job with the US Justice Department and a stepbrother in a government. job where he does not tell where he works. As much as I love my brother, I'm not too sure he shouldn't be mowing lawns for a living. I don't want people like him with the power to have access to too much of my life.

Cycling is facing some issues that may not be solved with fairness to the cyclists.

I can't seem to get myself to understand the whole 'Performance Enhancement' issue no matter the sport. I understand the drive to win no matter the cost but can't understand the potential risk to one's body as a result. Injury and permanent impairment would seem to me to mitigate any advantage I might get. Embarassment after hitting the record home run ball and be humiliated because someone buys it...puts an asterick on it...and provides it to the Hall of Fame. Quite simply, to me...not worth it.

On the other hand in cycling it seems to have gotten to the point that if you perform well you are automatically suspect of doping. It seems no one can win without getting tagged as a doper. Throw in personal favorites and nationalism and it seems to get worse. The tests themselves would seem so complicated now that the chances of false positives would naturally increase and expetentially. So even if you aren't doping it might appear you are. If you have asthma and use whatever med you need to maintain and you are a doper. Catch a cold and take a Tylenol and you are a doper. Is that the intent?

Is there a way to fix it with the cooperation of the teams and individuals? Do they need to be kept together at all times with a rotating team of USCF or UCI officials monitoring them 24/7? Do they all need to go into the same cafeteria with all the food prepared by the same cooks? Do their rooms and trailers need to be searched at randem several times a day? Do they need to pick up water bottles and feed bags that have been prepared and numbered by the federation that monitors the event?

I mean there are ways of doing this but should they be necessary? Does it have to get to that point?

Bolter03 said:
I can't seem to get myself to understand the whole 'Performance Enhancement' issue no matter the sport. I understand the drive to win no matter the cost but can't understand the potential risk to one's body as a result. Injury and permanent impairment would seem to me to mitigate any advantage I might get. Embarassment after hitting the record home run ball and be humiliated because someone buys it...puts an asterick on it...and provides it to the Hall of Fame. Quite simply, to me...not worth it.

On the other hand in cycling it seems to have gotten to the point that if you perform well you are automatically suspect of doping. It seems no one can win without getting tagged as a doper. Throw in personal favorites and nationalism and it seems to get worse. The tests themselves would seem so complicated now that the chances of false positives would naturally increase and expetentially. So even if you aren't doping it might appear you are. If you have asthma and use whatever med you need to maintain and you are a doper. Catch a cold and take a Tylenol and you are a doper. Is that the intent?

Is there a way to fix it with the cooperation of the teams and individuals? Do they need to be kept together at all times with a rotating team of USCF or UCI officials monitoring them 24/7? Do they all need to go into the same cafeteria with all the food prepared by the same cooks? Do their rooms and trailers need to be searched at randem several times a day? Do they need to pick up water bottles and feed bags that have been prepared and numbered by the federation that monitors the event?

I mean there are ways of doing this but should they be necessary? Does it have to get to that point?
Based on experience, I think that there is only one answer to that.:(

There should probably be a counter suit by the non-drug takers to say that Kashechkin and other drug takers have seriously obstructed their human rights to compete cleanly and receive their deserved awards for their efforts, and have a fulfilling life. :cool:

People like Kashechkin are dirt of the human race for flouting the rules this way.

wolfix said:
To me it is an issue that needs to be addressed. He did enter cycling knowing what the conditions are for employment as a cyclist.
The obvious answer would seem to be that if he refuses to acknowledge the rules apply to him then pull his UCI license permanently.

wolfix said:
I had to fingerprint too........ I am not sure why, but I felt as if my rights were violated. I just do not know if I want my fingerprints in a government data bank. I don't trust the competency of government employees. And I make this statement with a brother in a high job with the US Justice Department and a stepbrother in a government. job where he does not tell where he works. As much as I love my brother, I'm not too sure he shouldn't be mowing lawns for a living. I don't want people like him with the power to have access to too much of my life.
This is coming from a supporter of the Bush regime? LOL. Count yourself lucky that we have not yet reached the creepy total camera surveillance they have in England.

Bro Deal said:
The obvious answer would seem to be that if he refuses to acknowledge the rules apply to him then pull his UCI license permanently.

This is coming from a supporter of the Bush regime? LOL. Count yourself lucky that we have not yet reached the creepy total camera surveillance they have in England.

Bruyneel's greatest triumph...... 1-2-3 at the 2008 Tour with Contador, Levi and Kash........ what a moment for cycling......

Bro Deal said:

...a bit harsh, no, bro deal? i mean what has the bush administration done to the constitution that the pakistanis haven't done first? oops, my bad. i guess the pakistanis were following our lead this time...

slovakguy said:
...a bit harsh, no, bro deal? i mean what has the bush administration done to the constitution that the pakistanis haven't done first? oops, my bad. i guess the pakistanis were following our lead this time...
ROTFL! :D