Is Kryptonite still exchanging locks?

niceguymr

Jan 21, 2006
I'm just getting back into biking after a 10 year sebatical. I've got an old Kryptonite U lock and have been reading about replacement program offered by Kryptonite due to their lock problems. Is this program still available or did I miss the boat?

Thanks in advance.

niceguymr said:
I'm just getting back into biking after a 10 year sebatical. I've got an old Kryptonite U lock and have been reading about replacement program offered by Kryptonite due to their lock problems. Is this program still available or did I miss the boat?

Thanks in advance.
From their website Q & A at:
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetisscripts/abtinetis.exe/templateform@public?tn=faq_general

Q: I don’t see any information on the Voluntary Lock Exchange program on the website any longer. I registered to exchange my lock and have not received it yet. Will I get my new lock?

A: While Kryptonite is no longer accepting any new registrations for the Voluntary Lock Exchange Program, if you have already registered your lock, you will still receive your replacement lock.

Q: Q. I don’t see any information on the Voluntary Lock Exchange program on the website any longer. I didn’t get to register my tubular cylinder lock. Can I still register?

A: A. Kryptonite offered the Voluntary Lock Exchange program to consumers for one year, but has now discontinued this program. The program offered through the Class Action Settlement will continue to be available until (Feb 2006). For more information about qualification for that program, see www.kryptonitesettlement.com.