Is Lance predicting problems?

Taf

Guest
In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing here)

"I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"

and

when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages to small gears for
the mountains

"I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe this year is different"

Is Lance fortelling problems to come?

"TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing
here)

> "I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"
>
> and
>
> when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages to small gears for the
> mountains
>
> "I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe
this
> year is different"
>
> Is Lance fortelling problems to come?

I doubt it. I am one of those that thought this year was unusual for him in his Tour run in. Knowing
how he operates though, I bet he is exploiting the whispering going around so that he can stifle
them with his efforts on the road. I think if he did feel weak yet privately held out hope, he would
play it slightly the other way and try to discourage the others from attacking him. He should take
the jersey and finish either alone or win a very small group on L'Alp d'Huez. I am hoping that
Ullrich is also in that small group so as to keep the suspense up for a bit longer. There are 2
fairly long ITTs later in the race and I really doubt that Lance wants to feel dependant on gaining
time on those stages.

Hope you're right on all accounts. Love to see Lance win, love to see Ullrich make him earn it.

Nick Burns wrote in message ...
>"TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing
>here)
>>
>> "I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"
>>
>> and
>>
>> when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages to small gears for the
>> mountains
>>
>> "I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe
>this
>> year is different"
>>
>> Is Lance fortelling problems to come?
>
>I doubt it. I am one of those that thought this year was unusual for him in his Tour run in.
>Knowing how he operates though, I bet he is exploiting the whispering going around so that he can
>stifle them with his efforts on the road. I think if he did feel weak yet privately held out
>hope, he would
play
>it slightly the other way and try to discourage the others from attacking him. He should take the
>jersey and finish either alone or win a very small group on L'Alp d'Huez. I am hoping that Ullrich
>is also in that small group so as to keep the suspense up for a bit longer. There are 2 fairly long
ITTs
>later in the race and I really doubt that Lance wants to feel dependant on gaining time on
>those stages.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> "TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing
> here)
> >
> > "I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"
> >
> > and
> >
> > when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages
> > small gears for the mountains
> >
> > "I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe
> this
> > year is different"
> >
> > Is Lance fortelling problems to come?
>
> I doubt it.

<snip>

Dumbass - all of you.

None of us know what's really going on. We'll find out on Sunday.

he is just setting everyone up for the big crush.....

the race will be over after the first two mtn stages.....

What part of spectator sport have you missed. If I turn off the TV until the end of July I won't be
a dumbass, I guess.

"TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What part of spectator sport have you missed.

Spectating is one thing.

Speculating is another.

All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot of you. You don't know ****
(neither do I, but I'm not speculating).

K. Gringioni

Didn't realize they were mutually exclusive.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote in message ...

>"TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> What part of spectator sport have you missed.
>

>Spectating is one thing.
>
>Speculating is another.
>
>All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot of you. You don't know
>**** (neither do I, but I'm not speculating).
>

>K. Gringioni

"TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing
here)

> "I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"

Which means "before my cycling career is over", not now, not next year but before his cycling career
is over. What's so difficult to understand here?

> and
>
> when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages to small gears for the
> mountains
>
> "I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe
this
> year is different"

Geez you guys are picking at gnats. This is not so much a statement of fact as it is a light
hearted guess.

Yeah Frankie, I could have a problem, never had one before but it could happen.

I could be hit by lightning, never did before but it could happen.

> Is Lance fortelling problems to come?

No.

Dashii

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> "TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > What part of spectator sport have you missed.
>
> Spectating is one thing.
>
> Speculating is another.
>
> All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot of you. You don't know
> **** (neither do I, but I'm not speculating).
>
> K. Gringioni

I think they are speculating the same things I see the other riders speculating in the press.

You can speculate when you don't know **** as you as you know that you don't know ****. You know?

"David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >
> > "TAF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > What part of spectator sport have you missed.
> >
> > Spectating is one thing.
> >
> > Speculating is another.
> >
> > All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot
of
> > you. You don't know **** (neither do I, but I'm not speculating).
> >
> > K. Gringioni
>
> I think they are speculating the same things I see the other riders speculating in the press.

At least the riders have some up-close-personal observation, but they don't know either (remember
Alpe d' Huez 2000, when they were all fooled). People watching stuff on TV though - there is no way
to gauge whether someone is faking or not. We'll all find out on Sunday.