Is Madonna The New Hanoi Jane?

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
I notice Madonna seems somewhat unpopular back in her native country these days. It seems to me she came out more strongly against the Iraq War than most Hollywood stars or musicians.
The odd thing is her predictions have seemingly come true. The original uproar was over Madonna's American Life video where she predicted thousands of people would wind up injured with undertones of Vietnam being thrown in.
I think to cap it off, though, Madonna really had a go at George Bush in her concerts where she openly insulted Bush in public beofre having herself crucified onstage under neon lights.
This is why to me it all seems a bit like the Hanoi Jane scenario.

Carrera said:
I notice Madonna seems somewhat unpopular back in her native country these days. It seems to me she came out more strongly against the Iraq War than most Hollywood stars or musicians.
The odd thing is her predictions have seemingly come true. The original uproar was over Madonna's American Life video where she predicted thousands of people would wind up injured with undertones of Vietnam being thrown in.
I think to cap it off, though, Madonna really had a go at George Bush in her concerts where she openly insulted Bush in public beofre having herself crucified onstage under neon lights.
This is why to me it all seems a bit like the Hanoi Jane scenario.

Opinion - some people get way more attention than they deserve.

MountainPro said:
are you talking about Madonna....or Carrera?

The post was about Jane Fonda. I don't know enough about Carrera to have an opinion.

Nobody in America pays attention to Madonna...... She's old news...... the thing in America that grabs the publics attention is when you are a pop star and shave your head as you get a tattoo......
Or you die early after a trailer trash life and everyone fights over your body.........
Madonna**** can't get attention even when she trys to insult Bush and Jesus at the same time......

******* Carrera....... Muhammed Ali gets more attention then Madonna..

yeah...pretty much. i haven't heard a single word about her in months. :confused:

She seems to have made her home in England but I detect some of the antipathy towards her may be wrapped up in politics and religion, back in her own country.

wolfix said:
Nobody in America pays attention to Madonna...... She's old news...... the thing in America that grabs the publics attention is when you are a pop star and shave your head as you get a tattoo......
Or you die early after a trailer trash life and everyone fights over your body.........
Madonna**** can't get attention even when she trys to insult Bush and Jesus at the same time......

Carrera said:
She seems to have made her home in England but I detect some of the antipathy towards her may be wrapped up in politics and religion, back in her own country.
either that or she can be an attn ***** and her act is tired.

Carrera said:
You're really struggling for topics this week. First James Cameron, now Madonna. Try reaching beyond Hollywood for a change.

I can already envision your next post:

Are the Olsen twins to blame for possible impending recession?

Scotty_Dog said:
You're really struggling for topics this week. First Are the Olsen twins to blame for possible impending recession?

...finally, a topic with some meat to it! anyone with three eyes can see that they are the unseen hands on our economy. and who is this madonna they speak of?...

Hmmmm, Gwen Stefany?

QUOTE=Scotty_Dog]You're really struggling for topics this week. First James Cameron, now Madonna. Try reaching beyond Hollywood for a change.

I can already envision your next post:

Are the Olsen twins to blame for possible impending recession?[/QUOTE]

many would argue the conical bra sensation garnered more attention in america than any republican candidate's trail of broken campaign promises...

at least the record is set monetarily straight in Chile.

http://jerz.setonhill.edu/resources/PSim/madonna.htm

"at least since the patriot act, now that i need my fingerprint taken to deposit my paycheck into my own account, i feel so safe"
comment heard publicly uttered in bank line

wolfix said:
Nobody in America pays attention to Madonna...... She's old news......

Madonna's problem is age discrimination. She's pushing 50, still has a good body, still displays amazing fitness but the tabloids can only think of the number "40 +".
This why cameramen lurk around, looking for that perfect shot of Madonna on a bad day without makeup so they can declare, "Hey! Madonna's showing her age!"
Once then snapped a bad pic of Madonna wearing a beret with a long raincoat and the headline the following day ran: "Madonna looks like an old woman!"
I think she's supposed to hang up her dance shoes, give up gyrating on stage and become asd unfit as she's supposed to be at her age but it seems to Madonna 48 is still just a number.

lyotard said:
many would argue the conical bra sensation garnered more attention in america than any republican candidate's trail of broken campaign promises...

at least the record is set monetarily straight in Chile.

http://jerz.setonhill.edu/resources/PSim/madonna.htm

"at least since the patriot act, now that i need my fingerprint taken to deposit my paycheck into my own account, i feel so safe"
comment heard publicly uttered in bank line

Give her some credit, at least she and other women around that age (Fonda, Cher) have kept great bods. No easy feat that. They always need to come up with a new act to show it off, that's all.