Is My Cycleops Fluid 2 working correctly?

jwroubaix

Jun 6, 2007
I recently purchased a cycleops fluid 2 trainer to use with 07 roubaix. So far i'm a little dissapointed in the trainer. Maybe its deffective or maybe i'm not using it correctly. Should it be hard to pedal when you're in the highest gears? Mine is not hard to pedal at all, I thought I read here that they were supposed to increase resistance the faster you went. I don't think mine is doing that. Does this sound normal or is there a problem?

My other question is with the climbing block. It seems that no matter how I have the tire in it always seems flat. Do you have to have two of the climbing blocks to reproduce a climb?

Thanks

I have the same trainer, and it works fine. It is really easy for the first 2 or 3 minutes until the oil in it heats up, and then it's ready for hard work. The resistance can get pretty high, high enough for most kinds of workouts.

But to answer your question, yeah, it should get harder when you shift to higher gears. Maybe something is up with your tension knob/lever, causing slipping. Make sure it is gripping the wheel well. I like to move the wheel by hand quickly to make sure the tire's not slipping where it contacts the resistance roller. I usually tighten the tension knob 3/4 of a turn once the roller contacts the tire.

If that is in order, then the only other thing might be a problem with the resistance unit, but they seem pretty stout...they are definitely big and fat!

jwroubaix said:
I recently purchased a cycleops fluid 2 trainer to use with 07 roubaix. So far i'm a little dissapointed in the trainer. Maybe its deffective or maybe i'm not using it correctly. Should it be hard to pedal when you're in the highest gears? Mine is not hard to pedal at all, I thought I read here that they were supposed to increase resistance the faster you went. I don't think mine is doing that. Does this sound normal or is there a problem?

My other question is with the climbing block. It seems that no matter how I have the tire in it always seems flat. Do you have to have two of the climbing blocks to reproduce a climb?

Thanks