General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Is My Diet and Supplement Plan Sensible?

Started by Krystalnjeff · · Last activity · 5 posts · 361 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 May 2004
Last activity
3 May 2004
Original author
Krystalnjeff
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
361
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. At weight 260 pounds I decided I needed to lose weight and
    get some exercise. I am a 50 year old man. I have lost 50
    pounds and am feeling much better. But, at times, I feel
    what I believe are..."heart pains". I can not afford either
    expensive tests, or a stint or a bypass or any such medical
    procedure. I will just have to live or die with my
    condition. And, I have been trying, using vitamins and
    supplements, to recover my health.

    Here are the vitamins and supplements I take DAILY,

    3 grams of Vit C 8,000 IU of Vit A 400 IU of Vit E 100mg of
    Magnesium 100mg of Selenium 1000 mg of Calcium 3 Fish Oil
    softgels 2 Tablespoons of Lecithin CoQ10 softgel for Heart
    Alpha Lipoic Acid softgel for Heart

    also for vision I take these each day

    Primrose Bilberry Lutein

    and before each meal I take 2 CLA capsules, that totals
    2,000 mg CLA

    Every other day or so, I take a B1 and a B12 vitamin.

    I wonder if I am on a reasonable and sensible approach to
    recovering my health and strengthening my heart? Are there
    other things I should be taking? I also drink about 3 oz of
    red wine with my meals. My thinking is that I would like to
    reduce the plaque buildup in my blood vessels and that this
    diet and supplements will allow me to do that.

  2. take taurin

  3. With respect, that cocktail costs alot of money to sustain,
    perhaps better spent getting some medical tests done to see
    if there is a heart problem to treat. One can have muscle
    related pain in the chest and other possible sources, pain
    and locating it's source can be tricky. If your income is
    limited you can still recieve health care. That cocktail
    might be doing some harm, how do you know, how did you
    settle upon it?

    Quoted message said:

    At weight 260 pounds I decided I needed to lose weight and
    get some exercise. I am a 50 year old man. I have lost 50
    pounds and am feeling much better. But, at times, I feel
    what I believe are..."heart pains". I can not afford either
    expensive tests, or a stint or a bypass or any such medical
    procedure. I will just have to live or die with my
    condition. And, I have been trying, using vitamins and
    supplements, to recover my health.

    Here are the vitamins and supplements I take DAILY,

    3 grams of Vit C 8,000 IU of Vit A 400 IU of Vit E 100mg of
    Magnesium 100mg of Selenium 1000 mg of Calcium 3 Fish Oil
    softgels 2 Tablespoons of Lecithin CoQ10 softgel for Heart
    Alpha Lipoic Acid softgel for Heart

    also for vision I take these each day

    Primrose Bilberry Lutein

    and before each meal I take 2 CLA capsules, that totals
    2,000 mg CLA

    Every other day or so, I take a B1 and a B12 vitamin.

    I wonder if I am on a reasonable and sensible approach to
    recovering my health and strengthening my heart? Are there
    other things I should be taking? I also drink about 3 oz of
    red wine with my meals. My thinking is that I would like to
    reduce the plaque buildup in my blood vessels and that this
    diet and supplements will allow me to do that.

  4. "KrystalNJeff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    At weight 260 pounds I decided I needed to lose weight and
    get some


    exercise. I

    Quoted message said:

    am a 50 year old man. I have lost 50 pounds and am feeling
    much better.


    But, at

    Quoted message said:

    times, I feel what I believe are..."heart pains". I can
    not afford either expensive tests, or a stint or a bypass
    or any such medical procedure. I


    will

    Quoted message said:

    just have to live or die with my condition. And, I have
    been trying, using vitamins and supplements, to recover
    my health.

    I'll agree in part with the Toad, you need a "full
    physical"!! I'd include a hormone panel if you can
    afford it.

    Your vitamin regimen likely isn't harmful. I'll suggest some
    changes to it. My comments are mixed in below..

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Here are the vitamins and supplements I take DAILY,

    3 grams of Vit C

    I'd suggest 500 mg three times a day.

    Quoted message said:

    8,000 IU of Vit A

    4000 IU of Vitamin A. Try to get a large dose of
    carotenoids from your diet. Green leafy vegetables every
    day plus tomato products

    Quoted message said:

    400 IU of Vit E

    I take more. Mixed tocopherols with high gamma.

    Quoted message said:

    100mg of Magnesium

    You should try to plan a diet plan that provides +800 mgs
    from the diet. If you still what magnesium supplement
    consider a half teaspoon of magnesium sulfate in a glass of
    water. It is dirt cheap and at that dose won't loosen your
    stool. That will provide 250 to 300 milligram of Mg.

    Quoted message said:

    100mg of Selenium

    No, you don't take that much.!!! You are taking 100
    MICROgrams of Se. This mistake suggests you are a technical
    illlerate.

    I take 200 mcgs of Se

    Quoted message said:

    1000 mg of Calcium

    Whether you need this depends of your diet. It likely won't
    hurt much and it may help prevent some bowel cancers if I
    recall correctly.

    I take a 10 milligram vitamin K supplement in hopes of
    reducing the chances of the formation of ectopic calcium
    deposits in the soft tissues i.e. hardening of the arteries.
    A good intake of green leafy vegetables can be a big help.
    Warning, the suggested daily intakes of vitamin K are too
    low by a factor of at least 4X. Again you should plan your
    diet to contain at least 400 mcgs of K from greens.

    I take a large vitamin D supplement for prostate health. In
    other words, not a 400 IU supplement rather something more.
    Plan for regular sun exposure if you work in doors. A good D
    level improves your Ca uptake from the gut.

    Quoted message said:

    3 Fish Oil softgels

    I'd choose wild caught fish from either fresh or canned
    salmon and sardines. Get the fish which are low on the
    food chain.

    Quoted message said:

    2 Tablespoons of Lecithin

    Ok. Just remember this contains a fair number of calories.

    Quoted message said:

    CoQ10 softgel for Heart

    How much? hopefully at least 100 milligrams and better more
    like 200 milligrams or more. IMHO

    Quoted message said:

    Alpha Lipoic Acid softgel for Heart

    How much?

    Quoted message said:


    also for vision I take these each day

    Primrose Bilberry Lutein

    I'd choose arginine, taurine, and carnitine in multi-
    gram doses, if I was experimenting on myself. On an
    empty stomach.

    Quoted message said:


    and before each meal I take 2 CLA capsules, that totals
    2,000 mg CLA

    I am a little leery of CLA supplements.

    Quoted message said:


    Every other day or so, I take a B1 and a B12 vitamin.

    Get a B-vitamin that covers all the B-vitamins. Plus extra
    B-12, inositol, and folic acid.

    Quoted message said:


    I wonder if I am on a reasonable and sensible approach to
    recovering my


    health

    Quoted message said:

    and strengthening my heart? Are there other things I
    should be taking? I


    also

    Quoted message said:

    drink about 3 oz of red wine with my meals. My thinking is
    that I would


    like to

    Quoted message said:

    reduce the plaque buildup in my blood vessels and that
    this diet and supplements will allow me to do that.

    Exercise. Exercise. Once you are OKed by the Doc!!! Have you
    been checked for the onset of diabetes T2?

    You are getting a quite late start in improving your
    nutrition and weight levels. You don't want to wait any
    longer so "hang in there" and keep working to lower
    your weight.

    Warning!!! I am not a physician and this posting is for my
    own personal entertainment. Warning..... as you maybe a
    technical illiterate, you may need a physician to tell when
    to take your next step or have your next thought.

    William A. Noyes

  5. Don't anybody else make a typo here. It may mean you
    are insane.

    "William A. Noyes" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "KrystalNJeff" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:20040502040226.29731.00000639@mb-
    m05.wmconnect.com...

    Quoted message said:

    At weight 260 pounds I decided I needed to lose weight
    and get some


    exercise. I

    Quoted message said:

    am a 50 year old man. I have lost 50 pounds and am
    feeling much better.


    But, at

    Quoted message said:

    times, I feel what I believe are..."heart pains". I can
    not afford


    either

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    expensive tests, or a stint or a bypass or any such
    medical procedure. I


    will

    Quoted message said:

    just have to live or die with my condition. And, I have
    been trying,


    using

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    vitamins and supplements, to recover my health.

    I'll agree in part with the Toad, you need a "full
    physical"!! I'd include a hormone panel if you can
    afford it.

    Your vitamin regimen likely isn't harmful. I'll suggest
    some changes to it. My comments are mixed in below..

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Here are the vitamins and supplements I take DAILY,

    3 grams of Vit C

    I'd suggest 500 mg three times a day.

    Quoted message said:

    8,000 IU of Vit A

    4000 IU of Vitamin A. Try to get a large dose of
    carotenoids from your diet. Green leafy vegetables every
    day plus tomato products

    Quoted message said:

    400 IU of Vit E

    I take more. Mixed tocopherols with high gamma.

    Quoted message said:

    100mg of Magnesium

    You should try to plan a diet plan that provides +800 mgs
    from the diet. If you still what magnesium supplement
    consider a half teaspoon of magnesium sulfate in a glass
    of water. It is dirt cheap and at that dose won't loosen
    your stool. That will provide 250 to 300 milligram of Mg.

    Quoted message said:

    100mg of Selenium

    No, you don't take that much.!!! You are taking 100
    MICROgrams of Se. This mistake suggests you are a
    technical illlerate.

    I take 200 mcgs of Se

    Quoted message said:

    1000 mg of Calcium

    Whether you need this depends of your diet. It likely
    won't hurt much and it may help prevent some bowel cancers
    if I recall correctly.

    I take a 10 milligram vitamin K supplement in hopes of
    reducing the chances of the formation of ectopic calcium
    deposits in the soft tissues i.e. hardening of the
    arteries. A good intake of green leafy vegetables can be
    a big help. Warning, the suggested daily intakes of
    vitamin K are too low by a factor of at least 4X. Again
    you should plan your diet to contain at least 400 mcgs of
    K from greens.

    I take a large vitamin D supplement for prostate health.
    In other words, not a 400 IU supplement rather something
    more. Plan for regular sun exposure if you work in doors.
    A good D level improves your Ca uptake from the gut.

    Quoted message said:

    3 Fish Oil softgels

    I'd choose wild caught fish from either fresh or canned
    salmon and


    sardines.

    Quoted message said:

    Get the fish which are low on the food chain.

    Quoted message said:

    2 Tablespoons of Lecithin

    Ok. Just remember this contains a fair number of calories.

    Quoted message said:

    CoQ10 softgel for Heart

    How much? hopefully at least 100 milligrams and better
    more like 200 milligrams or more. IMHO

    Quoted message said:

    Alpha Lipoic Acid softgel for Heart

    How much?

    Quoted message said:


    also for vision I take these each day

    Primrose Bilberry Lutein

    I'd choose arginine, taurine, and carnitine in multi-gram
    doses, if I was experimenting on myself. On an empty
    stomach.

    Quoted message said:


    and before each meal I take 2 CLA capsules, that totals
    2,000 mg CLA

    I am a little leery of CLA supplements.

    Quoted message said:


    Every other day or so, I take a B1 and a B12 vitamin.

    Get a B-vitamin that covers all the B-vitamins. Plus extra
    B-12, inositol, and folic acid.

    Quoted message said:


    I wonder if I am on a reasonable and sensible approach
    to recovering my


    health

    Quoted message said:

    and strengthening my heart? Are there other things I
    should be taking? I


    also

    Quoted message said:

    drink about 3 oz of red wine with my meals. My thinking
    is that I would


    like to

    Quoted message said:

    reduce the plaque buildup in my blood vessels and that
    this diet and supplements will allow me to do that.

    Exercise. Exercise. Once you are OKed by the Doc!!! Have
    you been checked for the onset of diabetes T2?

    You are getting a quite late start in improving your
    nutrition and weight levels. You don't want to wait any
    longer so "hang in there" and keep working to lower
    your weight.

    Warning!!! I am not a physician and this posting is for my
    own personal entertainment. Warning..... as you maybe a
    technical illiterate, you may need a physician to tell
    when to take your next step or have your next thought.

    William A. Noyes

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.