Is my frame failing?

Ssushi

Mar 21, 2003
This is a pic of the rear stay on my bike. As you can see the is some di-colouring of the carbon. Does anyone know if this is superficial or a potential failure? The bike is well looked after and no crashes..

Thanks in advance

Ssushi

Ssushi said:
This is a pic of the rear stay on my bike. As you can see the is some di-colouring of the carbon. Does anyone know if this is superficial or a potential failure? The bike is well looked after and no crashes..

Thanks in advance

Ssushi
Why not have a dealer or factory rep look at it?The picture is worthless.

Yeah that's not a very good pic. Is that hazing in the clear coat or underneath?

RC2 said:
Yeah that's not a very good pic. Is that hazing in the clear coat or underneath?

Took the pic with a camera phone... not sure if its the over coat or not, wondered if the position (near the joint with the aluminium) was a bad sign...

Taking it to a dealer is not really an option atm as there aren't many Wilier dealers around and where I am atm few bike dealers at all who deal with high end bikes...

Hey Boss,
It looks to me like you would be able to feel if there was a problem with your frame. The area between your seat tube and rear stays takes a lot of "bend" when you are climbing or sprinting. You should/would be able to feel you ass end getting "loose" if there was something wrong with your frame. My question to you is, can you feel anything?

Ssushi said:
Took the pic with a camera phone... not sure if its the over coat or not, wondered if the position (near the joint with the aluminium) was a bad sign...

A wilier? Get that baby checked. Hopefully it's just the clear coat pulling away slightly, or getting stressed, near the joint (if your frame was very cold and and heated rapidly, clear coats can sometimes get that kind of glazed effect which is harmless).

But especially since it's near a joint I'd error on the side of paranoia and contact Willier or make the haul to the dealer.