Is my metabolism slow or what?

Originally posted by stevek
My diet is not high fat compared to most low carb diets.

"My lunch that usually is protein and fat takes about 6 hours to kick in."

"I usually eat 1/3# of meat and the same of cheese. I was eating ¼# but I found I was hungry 3 hours later. Sometimes starving."

"One of the days I had the most energy my business Christmas dinner (work for myself) I had two 1/4 # pounds of different higher fat cheese and 1/3 pound of dry ham and some potato chips."

"Then for lunch I may have Chinese food without rice mainly meat and veggies or 1/3# of meat and 1/3# cheese."

"But even if I eat fried potatoes and 7 oz of chocolate on a weekend I usually loose the weight."

Even Atkins doesn't recommend more than 20% of calories from fat after the second week.

at the time fat gave me a fair amount of energy. if I did not eat a fatty lunch no matter what I had before the ride I did not have as much energy.
now maybe my guts are working better I don't need as much.

at the time fat gave me a fair amount of energy. if I did not eat a fatty lunch no matter what I had before the ride I did not have as much energy.
now maybe my guts are working better I don't need as much.
Steve, lets have a quick summary. Look at Beastt's post and you'll note that you:

1. Struggle to get 'energy' from food (not sure what you mean by this but it doesn't sound normal; do you go round in a constant state of glycogen depletion?).

2. The foods you eat most are foods that aren't considered healthy in large quantities - chinese foods, chocolate, fried potatoes, cheese, etc.

3. You seem to eat a very high fat diet and avoid foods that are desirable in most peoples diet.

I'm not sure that you can get the support you are after on a forum.

when I eat chinese food I eat good food meat and veggies o veggies. no junk that goes along with it. fried potatoes maybe once a week. thats just pan fried not deep fried. yes I have cheese every day.
about the only thing I really overdue is cheese. but when you can't eat grains it's ahrd to find much to eat when your on the go.