is my seat angle right?

gty

Guest
00006672mq.jpg

Your link is jacked up; this is what it should look like:
<http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7469/00006672mq.jpg>

Now to answer your questions, only your testicles can truly answer the
riddle, but it does look too angled. More info here
<http://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html>
_____
Slack

On 21 May 2006 02:06:03 -0700, "gty" <[email protected]> wrote:

00006672mq.jpg

IMHO,

after copying and pasting your link, the seat is off for ME. I like
the have my seat high enough for my legs to be mostly extending(Mostly
so I can still stand and pedal), and level.

But this comes from how I feel. If you feel comfortable, then so be
it. You're the best judge of your own body and seat.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

gty wrote:

00006672mq.jpg

If you're an urban rider who never sits down it looks ok.

Except for a few abnormal freaks most riders who sit on their saddle set
them close to level.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> gty wrote:

00006672mq.jpg

> If you're an urban rider who never sits down it looks ok.
>
> Except for a few abnormal freaks most riders who sit on their saddle set
> them close to level.
>
> Greg

Did someone say "freaks"?

You missed a fantastic ride yesterday, freak.

JD

ONLY TWO DAY NOTICE......... by the time I got your e-mail I was
BOOKED!

DANG.

Oh, the seat..... OUCH!!!

Thanks:0) I didnt realize the angle was adustable. It hurt like hell
in that postion. The seat railings had bent so i thought that was the
issue. Thanks for the sheldon link.

per sheldon:
"Angle
The angle of the saddle should be pretty close to horizontal. Some men
prefer the front to be slightly higher than the rear; some women prefer
the front slightly lower than the rear, but extreme angles should be
avoided.
If the saddle is nosed up too far, it is likely to increase pressure on
the soft tissues, and cause all sorts of problems.

If the saddle is tilted down in front, the rider will tend to slide
forward onto the narrower part of the saddle. Women who are riding on
saddles that were designed for men frequently tilt their saddles down.
This will relieve some of the discomfort from the saddle itself, but
creates new problems: The downward slope of the saddle causes the rider
to tend to slide forward, and this can only be counteracted by pressure
on the hands. Thus, poorly-angled saddles often are the cause of wrist,
shoulder and neck problems, due to carrying too much of the rider's
weight on the hands.

The angle and the front-back position are both adjusted by the clamp on
the seatpost. "