Is my shifter triple or double?

jjsmith5493

Aug 21, 2010
i cant tell if my sora shifter im about to install is double or triple, its the seven speed shifters, it clicks three times up and twice down. i think its triple and its supposed to be but i thought the shifter was supposed to say SHIMANO TRIPLE on it and it only says SHIMANO. Any help?

jjsmith5493 said:
i cant tell if my sora shifter im about to install is double or triple, its the seven speed shifters, it clicks three times up and twice down. i think its triple and its supposed to be but i thought the shifter was supposed to say SHIMANO TRIPLE on it and it only says SHIMANO. Any help?

All Sora LH shifters are double AND triple compatible.

Are you positive because the more research i do says they will only work with double, they are an older model..

jjsmith5493 said:
Are you positive because the more research i do says they will only work with double, they are an older model..

When Sora came out it was designed to work on either. Sora has never had a double only LH shifter. It is a 'cyclotourist' type group, and they always had a triple option.

STOP the PRESSES!!

Looked up the tech doc from shimano just now and much to my surprise, they DO make a double only LH shifter, ST-3300..and then ST-3303. My mistake. Look on the body under the hood for the nomenclature numbers..should say 3300 or 3303..Since the triple works with a double ring setup, gotta wonder why shimano even makes these things.