Is our sport in real trouble?

VeloFlash said:
Actually, Queensland will be getting an indoor track. So all the mainland state capital cities will have an indoor Olympic 250 m board track.

They are building a new indoor track at Northcote (?) in Melbourne and when complete they will dismantle the Vodafone Arena track (location of 2004 Worlds) and transplant it in Brisbane.

The Vodafone Arena in Melbourne was rarely used for track racing as other sports provided a higher and steady income stream, like carpet bowls. Dunc Gray hosts a lot of other sports but still maintains regular track racing and training. I understand the fixed costs of running Dunc Gray (that is those costs that will exist irrespective of whether it is being used or not) run to about $3,000 per day.

At Northcote they are considering to run a winter track series along the lines of Sydney. I have not competed in the FNWTR Sydney series but now as road racing in NSW is becoming limited through political ineptitude I may mosey along.

Here is their new website -

http://www.fnwtr.tk/
Where is the indoor velodrome going in queensland. I have to travel for an hour to go to a velodrome where kids rip up the concrete surface with crowbars so an indoor one with security would be great!