Is Paris Nice?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ilan Vardi, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Ilan Vardi

    Ilan Vardi Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

  3. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

  4. Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium chocolate ice cream. BTW, I was
    able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around $10 US, at least two companies I
    know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem for me.

    Bruce
    ----------------
    "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > For the answer to this and other questions, see http://cf.geocities.com/ilanpi/nice.html
    >
    > -ilan

  5. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time trial in France, apart from
    competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and spot Eddy or Frederico
    Bahamontes amongst other greats wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but
    from these photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best

    Stan Cox

    P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium
    chocolate
    > ice cream. BTW, I was able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around $10 US,
    > at least two companies I know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem for me.
    >
    > Bruce
    > ----------------
    > "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > For the answer to this and other questions, see http://cf.geocities.com/ilanpi/nice.html
    > >
    > > -ilan

  6. Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down the road in the TDF stages!

    B-
    ----------------------------
    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time trial in France, apart from
    > competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and spot Eddy or Frederico
    > Bahamontes amongst other
    greats
    > wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but from
    these
    > photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best
    >
    > Stan Cox
    >
    > P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category
    >
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium
    > chocolate
    > > ice cream. BTW, I was able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around $10
    > > US, at least two companies I know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem for me.
    > >
    > > Bruce
    > > ----------------
    > > "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > For the answer to this and other questions, see http://cf.geocities.com/ilanpi/nice.html
    > > >
    > > > -ilan

  7. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Bruce The Duo is great, many many english riders compete and then the pro's finish the day off. Not
    many pro's last year but it was won by Pozzato and Petrov of Mapei. The organizers always have some
    great names present. In 2001 to celebrate the 21st running of the event they had every living holder
    of the hour record on hand. Its a wonderful friendly way to finish the season. We did the course in
    1:36 and the winners were half an hour faster!

    Stan Cox

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down the road in the TDF stages!
    >
    > B-
    > ----------------------------
    > "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time
    trial
    > > in France, apart from competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and
    > > spot Eddy or Frederico Bahamontes amongst other
    > greats
    > > wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but from
    > these
    > > photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best
    > >
    > > Stan Cox
    > >
    > > P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category
    > >
    > > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium
    > > chocolate
    > > > ice cream. BTW, I was able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around
    > > > $10 US, at least two companies I know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem
    > > > for me.
    > > >
    > > > Bruce
    > > > ----------------
    > > > "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

  8. I have seen some Pros on my videos at the women's Pro races too, on hand to offer support. Indurain
    for one, and I am sure several others.

    Bruce
    ----------------------
    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bruce The Duo is great, many many english riders compete and then the pro's finish the day off.
    > Not many pro's last year but it was won by Pozzato and Petrov of Mapei. The organizers always have
    > some great names present. In 2001 to celebrate the 21st running of the event they had every living
    holder
    > of the hour record on hand. Its a wonderful friendly way to finish the season. We did the course
    > in 1:36 and the winners were half an hour
    faster!

    > Stan Cox
    >
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down
    the
    > > road in the TDF stages!
    > >
    > > B-
    > > ----------------------------
    > > "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time
    > trial
    > > > in France, apart from competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and
    > > > spot Eddy or Frederico Bahamontes amongst other
    > > greats
    > > > wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but from
    > > these
    > > > photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best
    > > >
    > > > Stan Cox
    > > >
    > > > P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category

    > > > chocolate
    If

  9. > Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down the road in the TDF stages!

    Roger De Vlaeminck at a cafe at the base of Alpe d'Huez wasn't a bad catch a couple years ago...
    and, unlike some former pros, he looked exceptionally fit. Very nice guy too (unfortunately the only
    thing I could come up with for him to sign was a paper napkin).