Is Paris Nice?

Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium chocolate ice cream. BTW, I was
able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around $10 US, at least two companies I
know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem for me.

Bruce
----------------
"Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For the answer to this and other questions, see http://cf.geocities.com/ilanpi/nice.html
>
> -ilan

One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time trial in France, apart from
competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and spot Eddy or Frederico
Bahamontes amongst other greats wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but
from these photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best

Stan Cox

P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium
chocolate
> ice cream. BTW, I was able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around $10 US,
> at least two companies I know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem for me.
>
> Bruce
> ----------------
> "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > For the answer to this and other questions, see http://cf.geocities.com/ilanpi/nice.html
> >
> > -ilan

Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down the road in the TDF stages!

B-
----------------------------
"Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time trial in France, apart from
> competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and spot Eddy or Frederico
> Bahamontes amongst other
greats
> wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but from
these
> photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best
>
> Stan Cox
>
> P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category
>
> "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium
> chocolate
> > ice cream. BTW, I was able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around $10
> > US, at least two companies I know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem for me.
> >
> > Bruce
> > ----------------
> > "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > For the answer to this and other questions, see http://cf.geocities.com/ilanpi/nice.html
> > >
> > > -ilan

Bruce The Duo is great, many many english riders compete and then the pro's finish the day off. Not
many pro's last year but it was won by Pozzato and Petrov of Mapei. The organizers always have some
great names present. In 2001 to celebrate the 21st running of the event they had every living holder
of the hour record on hand. Its a wonderful friendly way to finish the season. We did the course in
1:36 and the winners were half an hour faster!

Stan Cox

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down the road in the TDF stages!
>
> B-
> ----------------------------
> "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time
trial
> > in France, apart from competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and
> > spot Eddy or Frederico Bahamontes amongst other
> greats
> > wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but from
> these
> > photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best
> >
> > Stan Cox
> >
> > P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category
> >
> > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Nice shots of Eddy, looks like he is gaining, must be that Belgium
> > chocolate
> > > ice cream. BTW, I was able to make LP 4 hour, secam-pal conversions no problem for around
> > > $10 US, at least two companies I know can do it. If that's common for French, not a problem
> > > for me.
> > >
> > > Bruce
> > > ----------------
> > > "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

I have seen some Pros on my videos at the women's Pro races too, on hand to offer support. Indurain
for one, and I am sure several others.

Bruce
----------------------
"Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bruce The Duo is great, many many english riders compete and then the pro's finish the day off.
> Not many pro's last year but it was won by Pozzato and Petrov of Mapei. The organizers always have
> some great names present. In 2001 to celebrate the 21st running of the event they had every living
holder
> of the hour record on hand. Its a wonderful friendly way to finish the season. We did the course
> in 1:36 and the winners were half an hour
faster!

> Stan Cox
>
> "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down
the
> > road in the TDF stages!
> >
> > B-
> > ----------------------------
> > "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > One of the joys of the duo normand http://wwwduonormand.com 2up time
> trial
> > > in France, apart from competing on the same course as the pro's is the chance to look up and
> > > spot Eddy or Frederico Bahamontes amongst other
> > greats
> > > wandering down the road. Eddy had lost quite a lot of weight but from
> > these
> > > photos it looks like he's put it back on again. All The Best
> > >
> > > Stan Cox
> > >
> > > P.S. My Teammate Chas and I came 63rd of 119 finishers in our category

> > > chocolate
If

> Makes me wonder how many retired notable Pros you find wondering down the road in the TDF stages!

Roger De Vlaeminck at a cafe at the base of Alpe d'Huez wasn't a bad catch a couple years ago...
and, unlike some former pros, he looked exceptionally fit. Very nice guy too (unfortunately the only
thing I could come up with for him to sign was a paper napkin).