Is polygamy or polyandry fits Darwinian evolution more?

ARSteven

Aug 19, 2010
Darwinian evolution theory emphasize the survival of the fittest,the environment will keep the best gene and obsolete the worse gene.If one guy can marry with one more people,we can say this guy is belong to the better team,so this kind of people should have the right to marry with one more people,it will ensure them to born more good gene kids.Certainly,it will also make some worse gene people can’t find anyone to marry,and finally be obsoleted.So I think the rule of monogamous in fact is just protect the vulnerablecommunities for make the society more stable.
Do you guys agree with that?

Polygyny allows a desirable male to impregnate several females at once. On the other hand, polyandry is not evolutionarily beneficial because (except in very rare circumstances) a single woman cannot be impregnated by multiple males, which explains why polygyny is more prevalent than polyandry in our society.

Anyway, I don't know why marriage was invented, but I think its to coerce men to provide a share of their resources in the support of children, since it's not beneficial for the children if their father abandons them. It is NOT to protect undesirable males - women can still have access to desirable males and have children through affairs if they wanted.

Anyway, with modern gene splicing techniques, we will see an interesting twist, evolutionarily. You can splice genes together to have a child with more than 3 parents! How cool is that?

ARSteven said:
Darwinian evolution theory emphasize the survival of the fittest,the environment will keep the best gene and obsolete the worse gene.If one guy can marry with one more people,we can say this guy is belong to the better team,so this kind of people should have the right to marry with one more people,it will ensure them to born more good gene kids.Certainly,it will also make some worse gene people can’t find anyone to marry,and finally be obsoleted.So I think the rule of monogamous in fact is just protect the vulnerablecommunities for make the society more stable.
Do you guys agree with that?
Who cares if the guys agree. I wonder if my wife agrees.:eek: