Is Raleigh compareable to Trek?

Zobius

Jun 4, 2014
I work at a bike shop (As sales goon/ beginner mechanic) and our brands are Raleigh, Torker, Diamondback, and Haro (With the Del Sol line). I purchased a Detour 2.5 last year, and this year I grabbed a Raleigh Revenio 1.0 2013 Edition. This being said, I would like to know what makes Raleigh stand out compared to Trek, and other bikes of the same caliber. I know a lot of you are into higher end stuff, but I would like to mention we sell mostly comfort and hybrid bikes, with a few exceptions like performance hybrids, cruisers, and Road Bikes. Let me know what you all think of Raleigh and their products so I can have a better understanding! THANKS!

Originally Posted by Zobius
I work at a bike shop (As sales goon/ beginner mechanic) and our brands are Raleigh, Torker, Diamondback, and Haro (With the Del Sol line). I purchased a Detour 2.5 last year, and this year I grabbed a Raleigh Revenio 1.0 2013 Edition. This being said, I would like to know what makes Raleigh stand out compared to Trek, and other bikes of the same caliber. I know a lot of you are into higher end stuff, but I would like to mention we sell mostly comfort and hybrid bikes, with a few exceptions like performance hybrids, cruisers, and Road Bikes. Let me know what you all think of Raleigh and their products so I can have a better understanding! THANKS!
I'd have thought so. Raleigh provided bikes to a pro team for awhile, they'd be as good as anything else on the market.

Originally Posted by Zobius
This being said, I would like to know what makes Raleigh stand out compared to Trek, and other bikes of the same caliber. I know a lot of you are into higher end stuff, but I would like to mention we sell mostly comfort and hybrid bikes, with a few exceptions like performance hybrids, cruisers, and Road Bikes. Let me know what you all think of Raleigh and their products so I can have a better understanding! THANKS!
Performance for price. I wish I could say it was something more glamorous, but that about sums it up. We sell Trek and Raleigh, and this is what it usually boils down to. Raleigh isn't big enough to hit every niche Trek occupies, but it generally hits at a lower price point with bikes that are a little different and worthy of consideration.

That said, I had a chance to demo a new Domane 6 and Raleigh's top-end carbon Revenio, and I preferred the Revenio, based on handling and overall feel. The Raleigh impressed me as an old-school steel-framed racer but executed in carbon, the kind of bike you could ride on any kind of road with the right tires. The Domane was smoother, but I was more confident on the Revenio, especially when the pavement got rough. I'm also impressed that the shifting and braking on this year's lower-end Revenios is a lot smoother, mainly due to better cables and routing. Stupid little stuff that means a lot.

For several years now, Raleigh has hit the niche I call the "recreational cyclocross" pretty aggressively, and we've received strongly positive feedback on these bikes, especially in the handling. The general impression is a lot of fun and utility at a pretty nice price.

And while Raleigh won't be hitting full-suspension mountain bikes soon, the Tokul line shows a lot of promise.

Why not get a visit from your Raleigh rep for his ideas on how to sell these bikes?