Is Running Bad for cycling Performance?

BHSpeedrom7

Mar 6, 2012
I started running with my Fiance 2 weeks ago on top of my normal cycling, it is not very intense running as she is new usually go for 40mins slow pace, anyway my question is can running effect your cycling speed as I took 3 days off running and I seem to be back in form again, Is this possible? I thought I had just hit a wall, is it possible the running was running my cycling?

Reactions: nikeshoxsko
Originally Posted by BHSpeedrom7 .

I started running with my Fiance 2 weeks ago on top of my normal cycling, it is not very intense running as she is new usually go for 40mins slow pace, anyway my question is can running effect your cycling speed as I took 3 days off running and I seem to be back in form again, Is this possible? I thought I had just hit a wall, is it possible the running was running my cycling?
The old adage was that cyclists should never run.

My own view is that running is complementary to my cycling in terms of achieving base fitness.

I know when I raced we used to do circuit training which would involve a alot of training based on running (5 mile run, circuit training, followed by 40 minutes of indoor football) during the winter.
So my answer would be that yes running does benefit my fitness which benefits my cycling.