Is Steve Irwin as wacko as Jacko?

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
A nomination for Australian of the year, lunch with US President George Bush, a hit TV show. Life seemed rosy for Steve Irwin.

Now everyone from the international media to parenting groups have dragged the gregarious crocodile hunter over the coals for a bizarre feeding stunt involving his baby son.

Over the weekend, Irwin defended his actions in holding one-month-old Bob precariously close to a four-metre-long saltwater crocodile during a feeding session at his Queensland zoo.

But newspapers around the world slammed the "zany Aussie", saying Irwin could give Michael Jackson "and his baby-dangling ways" some strong competition. A headline in the New York Post read: "Crocodile Shock. Irwin's Sick Baby Stunt." "Has Steve Irwin gone off his croc-er?" it asked.

While Irwin said comparisons between him and Jackson were ludicrous - "that would just make me vomit" - the New York Daily News said he "managed to one-up Jacko in the child-care department", with Bob's proximity to Murray the crocodile.

"Australian for good parenting: Taunting a 13-foot crocodile with your infant son," it said.

I would give the edge in Whacko-ness to Steve Irwin in the matter of putting one's child in jepordy. Jackson meerly dangled his hapless lad over a four story balcony, which I personally feel the media blew out of proprotion. You don't drop your child, whether you're carrying them through the kitchen or "dangling" them over a balcony. A one month old child isn't strong enough to twist free and cause himslef to plummet to his death so in general, it was a fairly predictable situation. Steve Irwin on the other hand, while on flat ground, added an ornery and unpredictable reptile into the mix and enticed the wily creature with raw meat. Which seems a bit more dangerous.

Overall however, Jacko is still the Whacko king! I don't even know where to begin. What a Freak!

The world has gone totally ANAL!!! Political correctness, don't ask or don't tell if you are a military pole smoker, special admissions to prestigious universities solely based on race or ethnicity, finding evil intent with Steve Irwin's stunt, poorly educated Social workers who want to take your kids away 'cause you won't take them to McDonald's, hate crime status if you slap a gay guy for copping a feel, but simple misdemeanor if you beat your dog to death...WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, OVER!!! bRING BACK THE '60'S, WHERE A SWIFT KICK IN THE ASS ILLICITED A POSITIVE RESPONSE. Everyone is a parent, but the biggest ass wipes who condemn Steve are single, selfish, PETA ass holes whose only reason for existance is to stir the pot so as to make their miserable, disinfranchised lives, asexual, polysexual lives, more meaningful in a world filled with men with cojones, and women who like being just that...women. Three cheers to Steve, and for the few of us left just like him...to the rest, eat s**t if you don't want to eat meat!!!

Originally posted by Alnamvet
The world has gone totally ANAL!!! Political correctness, don't ask or don't tell if you are a military pole smoker, special admissions to prestigious universities solely based on race or ethnicity, finding evil intent with Steve Irwin's stunt, poorly educated Social workers who want to take your kids away 'cause you won't take them to McDonald's, hate crime status if you slap a gay guy for copping a feel, but simple misdemeanor if you beat your dog to death...WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, OVER!!! bRING BACK THE '60'S, WHERE A SWIFT KICK IN THE ASS ILLICITED A POSITIVE RESPONSE. Everyone is a parent, but the biggest ass wipes who condemn Steve are single, selfish, PETA ass holes whose only reason for existance is to stir the pot so as to make their miserable, disinfranchised lives, asexual, polysexual lives, more meaningful in a world filled with men with cojones, and women who like being just that...women. Three cheers to Steve, and for the few of us left just like him...to the rest, eat s**t if you don't want to eat meat!!!

Beautiful!

I just love how Irwin then went on TV to tell everyone to get stuffed

I reckon he's a bit of a nut but at least he's got balls

the guy's a nutter no doubt....

I put his stunt up there with all the dead **** politians who haul the rent-a-family out when they need to look human. It was just a publicity stunt & a fairly stupid one at that.

If they guy needs to expose this kids to the pea-brain prehistoric killing machines that he's so fond of he didn't need TV cameras there to do it. Publicity stunt gone wrong - suck on that you buffoon - the trash TV watching public giveth & the trash TV watching public taketh away.

There's no doubt however mental Mr Irwin is, it pales into insignificance next to that degenerate narcissitic kiddy fiddler Wacko. Irwin's not even in that ball park.

PS - Irwin doesn't represent Australia any more than jackson represents the US.

Originally posted by xc_gumby
PS - Irwin doesn't represent Australia any more than jackson represents the US.

No Irwin doesn't represent Australians at all.

We're quite a civilised bunch of latte drinkers.;)

Regardless of who is more whacko, I'd like to see the results of Jacko vs crocodile.

I suspect the croc may gag and spit him back out.

Lindsay

Originally posted by 62vette

I suspect the croc may gag and spit him back out.
Lindsay

ecchhh! cosmetics, silicon, botox, gawd knows what else.

At least Irwin's got marginally better dress sense.

When wacko Jacko visited Western Australia he stayed at a swish coastal hotel.
Reliable winesses report that he threw a tantrum when he found that the kiddies menu only had food on it!:D

I don't think Irwin is evil, just particularly stupid. Don't know what caused that explosion out of Virginia, something pent up there that just came out all over the place.

Wath is the point of posting a picture like that...we all know that it is a fake (except for the idiots freaking out seeing evil in wtc smokes)...

I think Irwin knows wath he was doing, and had no intention of getting that much publicity...I wouldn't have done it with my child if I had one but if he was ready to take the risk we should at least give him the point that he probably knows more about crocs as all of us! at least that's wath he's pretending!

Originally posted by zewol
Wath is the point of posting a picture like that...we all know that it is a fake (except for the idiots freaking out seeing evil in wtc smokes)...

I am pretty sure that this picture wasn't created in the effort to fool someone into thinking its real ...

its primary motivation would be to be FUNNY

Lighten up.

Glad to see that all the bleedin' heart fruitcakes have let this thread die down....

The world has gone totally ANAL!!! Political correctness, don't ask or don't tell if you are a military pole smoker, special admissions to prestigious universities solely based on race or ethnicity, ...Everyone is a parent, but the biggest ass wipes who condemn Steve are single, selfish, PETA ass holes ...Three cheers to Steve, and for the few of us left just like him...to the rest, eat s**t if you don't want to eat meat!!!

I've made it a practice not to respond to non-cycling related topics here so please forgive me for weakening when I saw this one. That being said; I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is tired of the whole world proclaiming what brilliant parents they are by picking on people for not raising their dear, wonderful, angelic little children in some kind of isolating protective bubble. I've worked public safety for years and have to deal with these over-protected products of misguided, paranoid parents. They can't even handle the trauma of breaking a shoe-lace without the need for counselling.

Kudos to Michael and to Steve for choosing to be their children's parents rather than letting society dictate their every parental move! So of these frightened little whiners won't be happy until the raising of children is dictated completely by government. (To assure their safety, of course.)

On the other hand I can't for the life of me figure out how Alnamvet managed to tie PeTA members and vegetarians into the mix. Sorry if you think reducing cruelty in the world is such a terrible thing. Eat what you want, do what you want but realize that when you needlessly take life, you're going to upset some people.

Glad to see that all the bleedin' heart fruitcakes have let this thread die down....

Seems to me that as nobody got hurt it´s no big deal , but I´ll bet the kid´s mum gave him a right bollocking for it later .

Well, we can certainly see who has been a parent here, and who hasn't...

If Irwin wanted to really show off, he should have dangled his private parts over the crocodile. That way, only he would have suffered from any errors of judgment.

Mmmmm --- lamb fries!

Jacko Is the king of all freaks! I think he thinks he is peter pan, I mean his ranch, the operations that have turned him from a black male to a cartoonish looking white female. He is weird!

ryan_velo said:
Jacko Is the king of all freaks! I think he thinks he is peter pan, I mean his ranch, the operations that have turned him from a black male to a cartoonish looking white female. He is weird!

Yes he is. As is his right to be.