Is team sky the new team usps?

Sep 30, 2017
The way the history of the TDF has gone is, occasionally, someone of unusual talent comes along and wins more than one tour. Sometimes a team is so good that they produce two riders that win consecutive tours. You never see three different tour winners all from the same country and the same team So I was amazed that Team Sky was able to win so many tours with three different riders, all from Great Britain. Unheard of.
While searching for info on the current trend toward shorter cranks, I came across an article that seemed to be implying that Team Sky wasn't playing fair, comparing them to the USPS team led by Lance Armstrong. The argument of the article was that despite passing the drug tests, there was other evidence that should be looked at more seriously, that drug tests can be beaten.
I'm sure Team Sky is really good, but are they that good? Is there more going on than we know about?

There's no doubt that Sky has pushed the absolute limits of the rules many times. While there isn't any proof that they've done anything that's definitely illegal, they have repeatedly violated the intent of the rules, particularly when it comes to the use of TUEs for Wiggins and other rider. Like Armstrong did early on, Froome seems to be getting a free pass for what seems to be an obvious doping violation, most likely for political reasons (the sport doesn't need another disgraced champion). IMO, Dave Brailsford is as slimy as they get and cannot be trusted to run a clean team.

When it was announced that they were losing Sky as a sponsor and the team might disband, it seemed like that would be the best thing that could happen to professional road cycling. It looks like most of the team will remain intact now, which doesn't bode well for the future of the sport.

The way the history of the TDF has gone is, occasionally, someone of unusual talent comes along and wins more than one tour. Sometimes a team is so good that they produce two riders that win consecutive tours. You never see three different tour winners all from the same country and the same team So I was amazed that Team Sky was able to win so many tours with three different riders, all from Great Britain. Unheard of.
While searching for info on the current trend toward shorter cranks, I came across an article that seemed to be implying that Team Sky wasn't playing fair, comparing them to the USPS team led by Lance Armstrong. The argument of the article was that despite passing the drug tests, there was other evidence that should be looked at more seriously, that drug tests can be beaten.
I'm sure Team Sky is really good, but are they that good? Is there more going on than we know about?
I am sure their Peloton's had a lot to do with it. Don't forget to view WonderfulLosersdot come to see the incredible sacrifices that they maketo have their team win!