Is the Bike Nazi Racist? Please vote.

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

You need a new nickname. Maybe Bike ******? Bike Asshole? Well, you'll think of something...
Actually the OP seemed like a very nice person and apparently nicknamed the bike nazi by friends of her's because she's such a bike fanatic. She was kinda torn about it, and indicated as much on both her blog and here on the forum where she decided to have other bike folks chyme in. A couple posts before yours she indicated a name change in blog because it offended some folks. Others took no offense as they understood the context.

Your post is deliberately insulting, and without any reasonable provocation.

Reactions: 64Paramount
Originally Posted by alienator .

In no way are the comparisons the same. Your choices are epithets and hate speech, where's her's wasn't. Further, you couldn't figure out how to read her response--just a few above your insulting post--that said she had changed her blog name. Yeah, I know it's hard reading a forum page.

Originally Posted by davereo .

And to think you bagged me to the mod's for Anus?

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Actually the OP seemed like a very nice person and apparently nicknamed the bike nazi by friends of her's because she's such a bike fanatic. She was kinda torn about it, and indicated as much on both her blog and here on the forum where she decided to have other bike folks chyme in. A couple posts before yours she indicated a name change in blog because it offended some folks. Others took no offense as they understood the context.

Your post is deliberately insulting, and without any reasonable provocation.

+1 on all the above.

I didn't care for the original name of the OP's blog myself and the OP politely requested opinions, so I replied politely.

I didn't see anything posted by the OP, either on this forum or in her blog, that would justify a personal attack.

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

I like your BLOG. The name of the blog... could be improved. Jerry had a great hit show for many years. His Soup Nazi was very well written classic humor. But it is a bit risky to attempt to use the same level of irreverence in your own life.... "as seen on TV".
If you read the post directly above yours, you'll see she did change the blog name. Also, there was nothing in her using the original blog name that was irreverent. You'll note, if you read the thread, that she was given the name by friends. Her original choice for a blog name was a nod to that fact. Lastly, irreverence was invented on TV. It was invented in real life. All that aside, the thread was finished when the blogger posted, in the post just above yours, that she changed the blog name.

If you read the post directly above yours, you'll see she did change the blog name.

Also, there was nothing in her using the original blog name that was irreverent......
..... All that aside, the thread was finished when the blogger posted, in the post just above yours, that she changed the blog name.
Yes... I had missed that till after I had posted. Then I couldn't figure out how to delete the post. Sorry, my bad.

Irreverent: 1. lack of due respect or veneration; disrespect 2. a disrespectful remark or act. Yeah... I actually lived in Germany briefy, irreverent still seems like the proper word. Glad to see the word has lost it's distastefulness to so many others though!

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

Yes... I had missed that till after I had posted. Then I couldn't figure out how to delete the post. Sorry, my bad.

Irreverent: 1. lack of due respect or veneration; disrespect 2. a disrespectful remark or act. Yeah... I actually lived in Germany briefy, irreverent still seems like the proper word. Glad to see the word has lost it's distastefulness to so many others though!
Good for you. Irreverent has nothing distasteful about it. Do you intend on preaching?

Do you intend on preaching?
No Thanks! That appears to be YOUR job!

I am sorry. I try to always share my own feelings and experiences both in real conversations as well as digital ones [posts and/or chat]. That's what I did here. You however did seem to want to tell me [and others] what would be the appropriate thing to “think”.... isn't THAT what we call preaching?
I recently got this PM from fellow forum member about your posts:[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 205)] “This alieneater is a real axxhole and shouldnt be on this forum. He (or she) is obviously a bully type suffering from some sort of complex, and spends alot of time here looking for posts to pick people apart and probably not much time actually riding a bike! Sounds like an alcoholic rant to me most of the time.”[/COLOR]
I had wondered about your posts myself. Lots of anger along with the arrogant posts I read. I had wondered if you had problems from medications. I was willing to think of you as an injured fellow cyclist, that had much to offer, as well as normal human failings. But the name calling does imply a level of immaturity generally associated with a long term addiction... like alcoholism.