Is the Cannondale Adventure 2 Feminine - 2009 - a good beginner's tour bike?

SierraSlim

Oct 4, 2010
[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, Y'all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]What do you think of this bike for a beginner's flat terrain tour and round-town riding? It's a 2009, but I can get it brand new from a shop for $475. According to REI yesterday, I need a 19" frame, so am not sure if this bike qualifies as I couldn't find that information anywhere. But it has some of the things I've learned to look for, like and adjustable stem and suspension seat post. Plus it has the Nexus hub my hubby wants me to buy, and a step-through design for me. (Pictured below.)[/COLOR]
[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks![/COLOR]

Spec Name Cannondale Adventure 2 Feminine - 2009 Frame Cannondale CO2 aluminum Fork RockShox i-Ride, 50mm-travel Rims/Wheels Cannondale C3 Hubs Front: Shimano; Rear: Shimano Nexus Inter-8 Spokes 14g stainless-steel Tires CST Selecta, 700 x 38c w/Kevlar puncture protection Crankset RPM Rear Cogs 16T Shifters Shimano Nexus Inter-8 twist Handlebars Cannondale C3 Stem Aluminum adjustable Brake Levers Cannondale 4-finger Brakes Promax Pedals Wellgo platform Saddle Cannondale SuperCush Feminine Seat Post Satori Poise XC suspension
Bike paths, country lanes and open roads; Cannondale's Adventure 2 Feminine is the perfect bicycle to take you just about anywhere. Its lightweight aluminum frame makes the pedaling and handling easy, while the RockShox front suspension, upright riding position and adjustable stem provide a velvety-smooth ride and top comfort. Plus, the Adventure 2 uses the innovative Shimano Nexus 8-speed drivetrain for simple shifting and the gears you need to cruise uphill and down. You'll also love the light 700c wheels, powerful linear-pull brakes, super-comfy seat and bump-busting suspension seatpost.

The only thing wrong with it that I see is that it has a suspension fork which adds weight and you probably won't need it for paved trails, especially if you have the suspension seat post. Cannondale makes a good bike though.