Is the Giant "Revive" considered a recumbent?

skip

Guest
"Bob Weissman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
> her new Revive.
>
> :)

I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
What does Giant call them?

I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's important.

skip

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Bob Weissman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
>> her new Revive.
>>
>> :)
>>

> I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
> What does Giant call them?
>
> I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's
> important.

P.S. Bob, you obviously you don't want to tell her it is a recumbent. Tell
her it's a new wave comfort bike.

Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
her new Revive.

:)

> (Bob Weissman)
sez:>
>Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
>her new Revive.
>
>:)

Saw my first Revive last Saturday night at the Moonlight Ramble in St. Louis. I
wouldn't call it a recumbent. Just one opinion.

Bill, riding bent in Florida
(hence the screen name)

I may be old and fat, but by golly,

I'm Slow!

To e-mail, remove undies

In article <[email protected]>,
skip <[email protected]> wrote:

>"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Bob Weissman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
>>> her new Revive.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>

>> I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
>> What does Giant call them?
>>
>> I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's
>> important.
>>

>P.S. Bob, you obviously you don't want to tell her it is a recumbent. Tell
>her it's a new wave comfort bike.

Yep. That's what she thinks it already is!

- Bob

In article <[email protected]>,
FloridaBent <[email protected]> wrote:
>> (Bob Weissman)

>sez:>
>>Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
>>her new Revive.
>>
>>:)

>Saw my first Revive last Saturday night at the Moonlight Ramble in St. Louis. I
>wouldn't call it a recumbent. Just one opinion.

Personally, I agree. Just what I *would* call it, I'm not sure.

>I may be old and fat, but by golly,
>I'm Slow!

Hey, me too!

- Bob

<< rom: "skip" [email protected]
Date: Fri, Sep 3, 2004 6:07 PM

"Bob Weissman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
> her new Revive.
>
> :)

I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
What does Giant call them?

I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's important.

skip
> >><BR><BR>

Giant calls the Revive "the Ultimate Comfort Bike>"

Different strokes.... I tried a Revive and found it uncomfortable compared
to either of my recumbents. Just seemed like a funny riding position. But, I
agree, if she likes it and it gets her riding, that is all that counts.
..
Arne, USA
..
..

Bob Weissman wrote:

> Is the Giant "Revive" considered a recumbent?

Not by Giant... "It’s not a recumbent! Don’t call it that," demanded Giant’
s Russ Okawa, only somewhat in jest, referring to Giant’s new EZB Revive. -
BRIN, 1st October 2002

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

I've seen the Revive in the LBS, but I haven't got 'round to riding one
yet. I suppose I would call it "semi-recumbent".

>>I may be old and fat, but by golly,
>>I'm Slow!

> Hey, me too!

My best friend's son has a little chant with which he likes to torment
us: "old... fat... slow..."

To which I always respond: "big... strong... mean..."

The Revive definitely isn't a recumbent, although its 'crank-forward'
design might appear to some to make it somewhat like a recumbent - but
then there are at least a couple of 'beach cruiser'-class bikes that
are almost recumbent, much moreso than the Revive. And too bad that
for all that money the Revive is only an 8-speed when it should have
been a 24.

BicycleRider wrote:

> And too bad that
> for all that money the Revive is only an 8-speed when it should have
> been a 24.

If 8 gears isn't enough, how about the, errrrr, Revive 21? Not 24,
granted, but 21 should be enough for most people on a city bike like the
Revive.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:
>BicycleRider wrote:
>
>> And too bad that
>> for all that money the Revive is only an 8-speed when it should have
>> been a 24.

Yes, I agree. My wife does have some trouble with uphills on her Revive 8.

>If 8 gears isn't enough, how about the, errrrr, Revive 21? Not 24,
>granted, but 21 should be enough for most people on a city bike like
>the Revive.

This model appears not to be available in the USA, alas.

- Bob

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:30:56 +0100, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> posted:

>If 8 gears isn't enough, how about the, errrrr, Revive 21? Not 24,
>granted, but 21 should be enough for most people on a city bike like the
>Revive.

If it's to be a city bike (assuming of course, that the city is nice
and flat) then a 3 speed should be okay. On the other hand, the Revive
appears to be intended, very subtly as indicated by testimonials on
Giant's site, for those with somewhat failing health who still want to
ride hence the name. This also tends to explain the strange riding
position for the Revive. But when I said that the bike should have 24
speeds, I meant in view of the ridiculous price - over 600 bucks for
an 8 speed bike - and the seat is not all that comfortable either,
once again, for that kind of money. Looks like Giant is an even better
name for the prices than for the bikes themselves.

I think I'll hold out for an EZ-1 with 24 speeds, about $100 less, and
it's a real 'bent.