Is the Tanjor trailer still available

Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:59:20 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >The French Canadians have some of the best folk music in
> >the world known as Folklore Quebecois
>
> As long as you're looking into Canadian folk music, check
> out Breton music. One group you might find interesting is
> Grand Derangement. They are a great-sounding group, but
> you MUST see them live to truly appreciate their talent.

Zippy, I have investigated Breton folk music and Grand
Derangement and have come up pretty empty. There is a lot of
Folklore Quebecois available via Kazaa but there is almost
nothing available for Breton music. I got the Grand
Derangement "Le reve du diable" which is excellent and would
like to get more.

I think what has happened over the past several months is
that since the RIAA has instituted their lawsuits against
PtoP music file sharers that most, like me, have decided not
to share their music files anymore. Consequently, it is very
difficult to get any music via Kazaa that is off the beaten
path. Maybe I will have to actually go to the record store
and spend some money in order to get what I want! But I will
keep looking via Kazaa and maybe I will hit pay dirt one of
these days.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On 21 Apr 2004 00:26:02 -0700, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:

> Consequently, it is very difficult to get any music via
> Kazaa that is off the beaten path. Maybe I will have to
> actually go to the record store and spend some money in
> order to get what I want!

I saw them live and bought their CD in the lobby. I loaned
it to a friend and I may never get it back (I like the
group, she LOVED the group and has given me several CDs, so
what the hey).

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 06:15:43 -0500, Zippy the Pinhead
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I saw them live and bought their CD in the lobby. I loaned
>it to a friend and I may never get it back (I like the
>group, she LOVED the group and has given me several CDs, so
>what the hey).

Unless a band has decided to give away its music, that is
the best way to support music that you like. Whether
bluegrass or folk or other small audience music, the most
money goes to the band via on-site sales. And they made
the music...

And even with successful musicians who have beaucoup albums
available commercially, the CDs purchased at a performance
have more personal value to me. There is a Doc Watson CD
that probably gets a bit more play because it was purchased
at a live performance.

Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on
two wheels...