Is the TTT fair? At least make 'em shorter.

Bikeadman

Guest
If Lance wins by less than Postal's TTT difference over Bianchi, is that fair?

Yeah, yeah, it's a team sport, and all that; and they're a neat visual spectacle and rare which
makes them interesting to watch. But if they're to remain included, perhaps they should be shorter
so there wouldn't be such time differences, and that would be more fair to the individual riders.

Richard

"BikeAdman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If Lance wins by less than Postal's TTT difference over Bianchi, is that
fair?

Yes.

> Yeah, yeah, it's a team sport, and all that;

Agreed, it's a team sport.

> and they're a neat visual spectacle and rare which makes them interesting to watch. But if they're
> remain included, perhaps they should be shorter so there wouldn't be such
time
> differences, and that would be more fair to the individual riders.

Dumbass -

It's a team sport.

Is it fair when Museeuw's team gets 4 out of 6 in the final group at Paris-Roubaix?

Yes. It's a team sport.

So what happens if there was no TTT in the Tour and Armstrong gets a climbers team to help him more
in the mountains?

Is it fair?

But don't worry, I am sure that without bad luck Lance will win the ITT next Saturday.

-------
news:[email protected]...

BikeAdman wrote:

> If Lance wins by less than Postal's TTT difference over Bianchi, is that fair?
>
> Yeah, yeah, it's a team sport, and all that; and they're a neat visual spectacle and rare which
> makes them interesting to watch. But if they're to remain included, perhaps they should be shorter
> so there wouldn't be such time differences, and that would be more fair to the individual riders.
>
> Richard

Instead of using the team's actual time, they could score it for time bonuses, or scale it in some
way, or set a maximum time lost, kinda like the 7 minutes maximum for team members that got dropped.

Wayne

On 22 Jul 2003 05:53:30 GMT, [email protected] (BikeAdman) wrote:

>If Lance wins by less than Postal's TTT difference over Bianchi, is that fair?

Yes. Every team receives the layout and stage list well ahead of time each year. It's up to them to
assemble a team that takes advantage of
it.

***** all you want but consider this. They put the TTT back in the tour the year *after* Lance won
#1 just to lessen his chances for a 2nd.

--

MT

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:25:15 -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:

> On 22 Jul 2003 05:53:30 GMT, [email protected] (BikeAdman) wrote:
>
>>If Lance wins by less than Postal's TTT difference over Bianchi, is that fair?
>>

> Yes. Every team receives the layout and stage list well ahead of time each year. It's up to them
> to assemble a team that takes advantage of
> it.
>
>>Yeah, yeah, it's a team sport, and all that; and they're a neat visual spectacle and rare which
>>makes them interesting to watch. But if they're to remain included, perhaps they should be shorter
>>so there wouldn't be such time differences, and that would be more fair to the individual riders.
>>
>>Richard
>
> ***** all you want but consider this. They put the TTT back in the tour the year *after* Lance won
> #1 just to lessen his chances for a 2nd.

Bike racing is bike racing dude.

You have to take what's on offer or go take up tiddleywinks, marbles or monopoly or something.

Courses are full of surprizes. They're just lucky the final few klicks of the final stage are on a
reasonable circuit on the Champs Elysee so that the wankerz in the Georges Cinq, Mont-Fleuri,
Fouquets and Chateaubriand can see the action from their high priced vantage points instead of over
in the 18th Arondissement round the back streets kermesse style.

(the 18th is Pigalle for those who did not know)

"Michael Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 22 Jul 2003 05:53:30 GMT, [email protected] (BikeAdman) wrote:
>
> >If Lance wins by less than Postal's TTT difference over Bianchi, is that
fair?

> Yes. Every team receives the layout and stage list well ahead of time each year. It's up to them
> to assemble a team that takes advantage of
> it.
>
> >Yeah, yeah, it's a team sport, and all that; and they're a neat visual spectacle and rare which
> >makes them interesting to watch. But if they're
> >remain included, perhaps they should be shorter so there wouldn't be such
time
> >differences, and that would be more fair to the individual riders.
> >
> >Richard
>
> ***** all you want but consider this. They put the TTT back in the tour the year *after* Lance won
> #1 just to lessen his chances for a 2nd.
>

> --
>
> MT

Most people were ****** when it was missing. People never complain when the route is announced, they
only complain after something happens and it apparently effects the outcome. The worst case that I
recall is the '93 Tour. Rominger had lost 2 guys from injury and then did poorly in the TTT. That
caused him to be buried on GC for the first long ITT, which meant that he had to ride that one in
rainy conditions. When he won the second ITT it sort of caused people to wonder how he would have
done in the first one if he had gone in similar conditions. Anyway, I really doubt Rominger had a
chance in that Tour but it was damn close and that chain of events made a fairly strong argument to
get rid of the TTT.

I agree with Tony. The TTT promotes balanced teams in the Tour, as opposed to 1 GC guy and 8 great
climbers to help him (without the TTT, Postal could hire ALL the good spainish climbers :)

Chip