Is the Weyless brand dead?

Looks like Performance is ending the Supergo name. I don't see Weyless
stuff on the Performance website, so I wonder if they killed that
brand, or just don't list it yet.

I had been thinking about buying a Weyless frame. If they killed the
brand, I'm glad I didn't.

[email protected] wrote:
> Looks like Performance is ending the Supergo name. I don't see Weyless
> stuff on the Performance website, so I wonder if they killed that
> brand, or just don't list it yet.
>
> I had been thinking about buying a Weyless frame. If they killed the
> brand, I'm glad I didn't.

IIRC, I thought Weyless was SuperBlows house brand. If so, I'm sure
it's RIP.
_____
Slack

Slack™" <"Slack\"@½³.org wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Looks like Performance is ending the Supergo name. I don't see
>> Weyless stuff on the Performance website, so I wonder if they killed
>> that brand, or just don't list it yet.
>>
>> I had been thinking about buying a Weyless frame. If they killed the
>> brand, I'm glad I didn't.
>>

> IIRC, I thought Weyless was SuperBlows house brand. If so, I'm sure
> it's RIP.

It will probably just become "Forte" or some other house brand name.

Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost, and it's been solid" S.

> Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost,

Does it Weigh Less than others? Not so subliminal...

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>> Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost,

> Does it Weigh Less than others? Not so subliminal...

Yeah, I'd remove the graphics if I knew how (or cared more). Still, the
quality seems pretty good; wouldn't be surprised if their stuff is (was)
manufactured right alongside a name-brand or three.

Bill "love my new Shammo shifters!" S.

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

>>Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost,
>>

> Does it Weigh Less than others? Not so subliminal...

No - but I'll bet it cost "way less" than the others... ;-)

Steve "Boat-Boy" Baker wrote:
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>
>>> Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost,
>>>

>> Does it Weigh Less than others? Not so subliminal...
>>

> No - but I'll bet it cost "way less" than the others... ;-)

Steve freaking BAKER?!? Wondered about you just the other day. (Of course,
when you were a regular I often wondered about you, too ;-) )

Good to know you're alive, SB -- hope things are good...

BS Ahoy, BS

Sorni wrote:

> Steve freaking BAKER?!? Wondered about you just the other day. (Of course,
> when you were a regular I often wondered about you, too ;-) )
>
> Good to know you're alive, SB -- hope things are good...
>
> BS Ahoy, BS

Still here - still doing boat stuff, and Yup, things are good.
Still working the "real" job", which leaves precious lttle time for
riding during the week.
I'll ber around from time to time, but don't hold your breath. (unless
you're HWSNBN)

Steve

news:eek:q%[email protected]...
> SlackT" <"Slack\"@½³.org wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >> Looks like Performance is ending the Supergo name. I don't see
> >> Weyless stuff on the Performance website, so I wonder if they killed
> >> that brand, or just don't list it yet.
> >>
> >> I had been thinking about buying a Weyless frame. If they killed the
> >> brand, I'm glad I didn't.
> >>

> > IIRC, I thought Weyless was SuperBlows house brand. If so, I'm sure
> > it's RIP.

> It will probably just become "Forte" or some other house brand name.
>
> Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost, and it's been solid" S.

Thing is *supposed* to be freakin' *hollow*, Billtard.

Shaun aRe - Sheesh...

"Steve "Boat-Boy" Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>
> >>Bill "has a Weyless carbon seatpost,
> >>

> > Does it Weigh Less than others? Not so subliminal...
> >

> No - but I'll bet it cost "way less" than the others... ;-)

Fussake man, I thought you'd got your bike and boat confused and bloody
drowned or summink! Happy you are still wasting oxygen Steve, hope you're
well ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

[email protected] wrote:
> Looks like Performance is ending the Supergo name. I don't see Weyless
> stuff on the Performance website, so I wonder if they killed that
> brand, or just don't list it yet.
>
> I had been thinking about buying a Weyless frame. If they killed the
> brand, I'm glad I didn't.

Way-less is just what they were, way less of a bike than even santa
crud.

JD

JD wrote:

> Way-less is just what they were, way less of a bike than even santa
> crud.

Dunno about Weyless or Santa Cruz quality, but it was Way-less $$.
After posting,I remembered that I had ordered a Weyless frame. XP
maybe, not sure of the name. It had more travel than their Superlight
clone. When I checked later to see when it would ship, they told me
they were out of stock. Was disappointed they didn't contact me with
that info.

I later ordered an Iron Horse hardtail from 'em, and I did get that.