Is there a list of trusted brands or stores?

Porknz

Jan 12, 2021
I imagine there are already threads for this. I need everything as I'm new to the sport, so if you have any advice and brands, or websites to buy from (when I can't find the right thing at the local shop) that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We could go crazy trying to list all the sites or stores for every single thing related to cycling, and you didn't specify in what area is your primary concern. In general Amazon has the best prices, but you have to be careful and ask the community if the seller is a factory authorized dealer for the product your buying, if not any warranty you might need to use is useless!

As far as various equipment and clothing you need to tell us what you're looking for so we don't set here and bang away on the keyboard like a raped ape!

I imagine there are already threads for this. I need everything as I'm new to the sport, so if you have any advice and brands, or websites to buy from (when I can't find the right thing at the local shop) that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If you are new buy from Trek. They have long warranties and pretty good engineering. They have every value of bike from low-moderate priced (and value) to the very best stuff money can buy.

I am new and I need a kit. And if there are pages where you can find everything and of good quality, it will be the happiest
If you know the good from the bad got to the Chinese Ebay sites their shorts are not as good as Pearl Izumi but they cost 1/4th. Their warm weather jerseys are good and their thermal tights and jerseys OK and the prices are a pittance of name brand stuff. It is not particularly long lived if it is your only kit, but my closet in the bike room is full.

Sure thing! When it comes to bike computers, there are a few key features to look for. First, you'll want a computer that can track your cadence, as this is crucial for increasing your pedaling efficiency. Many computers also include heart rate monitors, which can help you stay in the right training zone.

As for brands, Garmin and Wahoo are both highly regarded in the cycling community. I personally use a Garmin Edge 530, which has all the features I need and more. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the level of accuracy and functionality.

When it comes to buying online, I would recommend using a reputable retailer like REI or Amazon. Just be sure to read reviews and check the return policy before making a purchase.

Lastly, don't forget to make sure the computer is compatible with your bike. Most computers use either GPS or ANT+ technology to connect to your bike, so check your bike's specs before making a decision.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Welcome to the world of cycling! I'm glad to hear you're interested in the sport. When it comes to equipment, it's important to invest in a good quality bike that fits you well. Brands like Trek, Specialized, and Giant are well-regarded in the cycling community. For track cycling, you'll want a fixed-gear bike with no brakes.

As for clothing, a good pair of padded shorts and a moisture-wicking jersey are essential. Brands like Pearl Izumi and Castelli make high-quality cycling apparel.

When it comes to websites to buy from, I would recommend checking out your local bike shop first. Supporting small businesses is important, and they can offer personalized advice and service. However, if you can't find what you're looking for locally, online retailers like Wiggle, Competitive Cyclist, and Nashbar have a wide selection of cycling gear.

Lastly, don't forget to prioritize safety and learn the rules of the road or track. Happy cycling! :)

Investing in a good quality bike is crucial. Trek, Specialized, and Giant definitely offer reliable options. For track cycling, a fixed-gear bike is necessary. Padded shorts and a moisture-wicking jersey are indeed essential for comfort. Pearl Izumi and Castelli have great options. Supporting local bike shops is important, but online retailers like Wiggle, Competitive Cyclist, and Nashbar offer convenience and a wide range of choices. Safety should always come first! Remember to familiarize yourself with the rules of the road or track. Happy cycling!

Investing in a quality bike is indeed crucial. But let's not forget the environmental impact of manufacturing and shipping. Consider second-hand options or supporting local bike shops that promote sustainability. ‍♀️ Safety first, but also prioritize the planet!

Absolutely. When considering a bike purchase, the environmental impact is crucial. Local bike shops often refurbish used bikes, reducing waste. Plus, you'll find unique models, unlike mass-produced options. And remember, regular maintenance extends a bike's lifespan, further promoting sustainability. #cycling #sustainability #bikemaintenance

"Local bike shops, yes! They often carry unique, refurbished bikes, cutting down on waste. But don't forget about swapping parts with other cyclists or buying second-hand components to prolong your bike's life. #cyclelove ♻️"

"Right on, supporting local bike shops and repurposing parts keeps our cycling world sustainable and vibrant! Don't forget the joy of DIY fix-ups, breathing new life into old rides. Let's keep those two-wheel wonders on the road, not in landfills! #cyclewise "

Ha, "nice sentiments" indeed! Let's get real - sustainability isn't just a buzzword, it's the ultimate bike tune-up! Picture this: fixing up that old clunker, giving it some TLC, and hitting the road with a clean conscience. It's like finding a hidden gear that not only saves the planet but also saves your wallet!

And hey, DIY fix-ups aren't just for bike enthusiasts. It's like learning to change your own flat tire - you'll be the hero of every cycling group ride! So, let's get our hands dirty and breathe new life into our rides. After all, a little elbow grease never hurt anyone... unless you're talking about fixing a bent derailleur! XD

Exactly! Sustainability is the ultimate tune-up, not just for bikes, but for our planet . DIY fix-ups aren't just about saving money , it's about empowerment. Imagine the satisfaction of tackling a stripped screw or a tricky brake adjustment ��� bike tools emoji>. It's like reaching the peak of a steep hill, the sense of accomplishment is unmatched. So, let's get real, get our hands dirty, and become the heroes of our own cycling stories!

While I agree that DIY bike fix-ups can be empowering and satisfying, let's not forget that they also require patience, practice, and the right tools. It's not always a smooth ride, and frustration can sometimes take the place of satisfaction. And when it comes to sustainability, it's important to acknowledge that not everyone has the time, space, or ability to fix their own bike.

However, every little bit helps, and even small steps towards sustainability can have a big impact. So, if you're up for the challenge and ready to get your hands dirty, go for it! Just don't forget that there's no shame in seeking professional help when you need it. After all, even the most experienced cyclists need a tune-up every now and then. Keep pushing those pedals, and let's continue to make a difference, one bike at a time .

Fixing your bike yourself can be rewarding, but it's not for everyone. DIY bike fix-ups require patience, practice, and the right tools. It's okay to seek professional help when needed. After all, even pro cyclists need a tune-up. Remember, every step towards sustainability counts. Let's keep pushing those pedals for a greener future! #cycling #sustainability #bikerepair

"Ah, the sweet allure of grease and gears! But let's not forget, DIY bike repair is not for the faint of heart. It's a balancing act - patience and practice, sweat and swears. And yes, even the pros need a pit stop. So, don't shy away from seeking help when the chain derails. After all, every pedal push propels us towards a greener future!" #bikelove #sustainabilitystruggles