Is There A Road Unicycle?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Cyclist14, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

Roadie Talking

Is there a road specific unicycle or can one be used on and off road.

Tags:

2. Azulene

Azulene New Member

This year at Seattle to Portland 208 mile ride I saw a guy ridding a unicycle. It was made for the road with a big wheel and and funny handle bar. The Guy rode it all the way.

3. William Henry

William Henry New Member

Hey daniel I have asked taylor kasler about this and he says that there is a road unicycle. He owns on he is going to ride it to school tommorrow:eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Dan Hansen

Dan Hansen New Member

Oh man, is there ever!! Called a Coker and made in Indiana (USA) or some other state thereabouts. An incredible ride w/a 36" (that's inch) wheel which clips along at a truly awesome rate. I've been riding mine (got it in September) all winter long in Minnesota (USA) and I'm absolutely hooked on this mofo. Yesterday it was 22 miles in 2:35 for me. Forget everything you've ever thought about a unicycle - this thing has become a REPLACEMENT for my bike! 'Course I still need my Xtra-cycle now and again.

5. Hickabod

Hickabod New Member

I've heard that the 36'' can get away from you if you're not careful. I suppose they mean that it's hell to stop. I wish I had the money to find out for myself. I put in about five miles on my old schwinn 20" and I was pretty saddle sore the next day.

6. pdc

pdc New Member

7. unisk8r

unisk8r New Member

This will get you on down the road...a 36" wheel with available fixed gear ratios from 1:1 to 2:1...from my personal stable of road unis.