Is there an app for cycling partners?

Troy S.

Jun 13, 2016
prodifycycling.com
We the influx of apps for ride sharing (Uber/Lyft, etc) and dating (Tender), there has to be an app for finding like minded people who love to cycle but don't have a buddy to ride with or train with for free. Let me know in the comments if you had success with any. FYI- not looking to join a club or date my ride buddy but just need an app for one-on-one competition and or riding company. BTW I live in the Sacramento area where there are a lot of cyclist.

Check out Slack. I think its more for communicating within an already established group though...I know several people who use it.

Check out Slack. I think its more for communicating within an already established group though...I know several people who use it.

I've been looking for such app as well that will enable me interact and see how I can be part of series of competitions that will happen near my locality. I would try to check out Slack as you suggested and hope it's gonna be helpful for me in the end.

Don't have any idea if there's an app for that. I think you are looking something like video games app and not the actual person. But I think much better to have a person as cycling partner, and check your both stamina.

It's kinda hard to have an app like that especially in areas where there aren't a lot of bikers, you're better off looking at forums or with your local clubs if there are any.

It's kinda hard to have an app like that especially in areas where there aren't a lot of bikers, you're better off looking at forums or with your local clubs if there are any.

It is quite difficult to have it in some areas where many people are not interested in riding bikes. What I always suggest is for us to no the people that got bikes in our areas and try to make them friends. This is the way to know if there is need for an app.

So an update on this that I found out is that there are tons of bike groups that meet up for free in the Facebook communities in which we live. I have met really cool people through the Facebook cycling meetups like Bike Dog Brewing, Bike Party, and Mike's Bikes MTB Gravel Ride meetups. Also, we recently had the Amgen Tour hosted by Sacramento and I met some local cyclist that way too.

I think you can find a local club to become a member
Exactly, try with this as first option. Check online about cycling clubs around your area, or you can ask about it at gyms, usually people that train on steady bikes tend to go out for some cycling too. Another way is by entering cycling events or competitions, there you can meet people that love cycling, and they can help you join an app or club.

I think Facebook groups also have local biking communities if you're lucky, but I thought about using Discord to organize certain groups. It's mainly for gamers but gamers can also be bikers and it's easier to find people there in your local community.

Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from. It's always great to find local biking communities to connect with. Discord might not be the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to biking, but hey, unexpected events can lead to great opportunities, right?

Using Discord to organize biking groups could actually be a pretty smart move. It's a platform that's known for bringing people together, and who's to say that gamers can't also be bikers, right? Plus, finding people in your local community can be a breeze on Discord, thanks to its search and community features.

So yeah, I'd say give it a shot. You never know what unexpected connections or epic biking adventures await you. Just make sure to mention that you're specifically looking for biking enthusiasts in your local area, so you can attract the right kind of folks to join your group.

Best of luck with your biking group on Discord! Keep us posted on how it goes.