is there much difference between a hybrid and flat bar road bike??????

surgtech1956

Apr 10, 2007
I purchased a Trek 7100 this spring and want to get a road bike. I'm thinking about the flat bar road bikes, Trek 7.3fx and Giant fcr3w - so in the $500 price range. I don't really think I want the drop down bars. My main riding is for fitness, bike trails, roads - no distances over 25 miles. I would appreciate any advice and feedback. Thanks

surgtech1956 said:
I purchased a Trek 7100 this spring and want to get a road bike. I'm thinking about the flat bar road bikes, Trek 7.3fx and Giant fcr3w - so in the $500 price range. I don't really think I want the drop down bars. My main riding is for fitness, bike trails, roads - no distances over 25 miles. I would appreciate any advice and feedback. Thanks
for nothing over 25 miles, keep what you have now and just change the tires to slicks might be all you need to do. 7100 is a good bike for that kind of mileage i think. if you want more performance, drop bars are way better than flat bars, more aero and i find them more comfortable (could be just me...)

keep the 500, let it build and when you can afford something really good, then upgrade :) thats my reccommendation!

surgtech1956 said:
So what's wrong with this bike? It looks like it fits your needs as is.:confused: