Is there such a thing as a clipless, and platform pedal in one?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Combfilter, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    so you could ride without the clipless lock thingy sticking up past the platform so you could ride
    with regular tennis shoes...Lets say to go to work.. So you don't have to wear your clipless shoes
    to work. I am getting tired of having to change my pedals from clipless to platform everything i
    goto work.

    Thanks,

    I asked this question a few weeks ago, but i said "clip" not "clipless" before., and got results of
    clipless pedals, but the "clip" part of them still stuck up past the platform.

    I see where they wont clip if they are below the platform in theory, but maybe someone makes one
    with like a platform on one side and a clipless on the other..

    who knows.. tia

    Tags:

  2. Combfilter wrote:
    > so you could ride without the clipless lock thingy sticking up past the platform so you could ride
    > with regular tennis shoes...Lets say to go to work.. So you don't have to wear your clipless shoes
    > to work. I am getting tired of having to change my pedals from clipless to platform everything i
    > goto work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > I asked this question a few weeks ago, but i said "clip" not "clipless" before., and got results
    > of clipless pedals, but the "clip" part of them still stuck up past the platform.
    >
    > I see where they wont clip if they are below the platform in theory, but maybe someone makes one
    > with like a platform on one side and a clipless on the other..
    >
    > who knows.. tia

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=2275&Store=Bike

    Jon Bond HA! beat ya Carla...

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Combfilter <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > so you could ride without the clipless lock thingy sticking up past the platform so you could ride
    > with regular tennis shoes...Lets say to go to work.. So you don't have to wear your clipless shoes
    > to work. I am getting tired of having to change my pedals from clipless to platform everything i
    > goto work.

    Personally, I wear my cycling shoes on the bike and leave a pair of work shoes at work. If you want,
    you can buy platforms that clip into SPD or Look (maybe others) clipless pedals. They work OK, but
    not great. Check at your bike shop; they usually carry a few so people with sneakers can test ride
    bikes with clipless pedals.

  4. Sean S

    Sean S Guest

    >From: Combfilter [email protected]

    >so you could ride without the clipless lock thingy sticking up past the platform so you could ride
    >with regular tennis shoes.

    Performance Bike carries both the Shimano PD-M545, and the PD-M324, which are equipped with both
    platform cages and clips and are rideable either way.

    If your budget doesn't allow for Shimano pedals ranging from $70 to $100, Performace carriers their
    own style, called the Peformance Campus, in the $40 range.

    www.performancebike.com

  5. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Combfilter wrote:
    > > so you could ride without the clipless lock thingy sticking up past the platform so you could
    > > ride with regular tennis shoes...Lets say to go to work.. So you don't have to wear your
    > > clipless shoes to work. I am getting tired of having to change my pedals from clipless to
    > > platform everything i goto work.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > I asked this question a few weeks ago, but i said "clip" not "clipless" before., and got results
    > > of clipless pedals, but the "clip" part of them still stuck up past the platform.
    > >
    > > I see where they wont clip if they are below the platform in theory, but maybe someone makes one
    > > with like a platform on one side and a clipless on the other..
    > >
    > > who knows.. tia
    >
    > http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=2275&Store=Bike
    >
    > Jon Bond HA! beat ya Carla...

    thx.. you think these are better then the shimano? -comb

  6. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    > >From: Combfilter [email protected]
    >
    > >so you could ride without the clipless lock thingy sticking up past the platform so you could
    > >ride with regular tennis shoes.
    >
    > Performance Bike carries both the Shimano PD-M545, and the PD-M324, which are equipped with both
    > platform cages and clips and are rideable either way.
    >
    > If your budget doesn't allow for Shimano pedals ranging from $70 to $100, Performace carriers
    > their own style, called the Peformance Campus, in the $40 range.
    >
    > www.performancebike.com

    cool thx.. my budget will be around 100 for these..

    thx

  7. Jay Wright

    Jay Wright Guest

    Time is carrying a new style pedal that kina has both.

    news:[email protected]...